Cubic Transportation Systems
At Cubic we're changing the way people travel - to work, to school, to wherever they want or need to go, and home again. Come join our team of data experts as we build innovative technologies and leverage the latest data science techniques to tackle transportation's most pressing challenges. As a global company our work impacts the lives of millions of people around the world in cities like London, New York, Sydney, and many more. Cubic is the analytics center of excellence and we are using data to optimize transit networks, reduce road congestion, improve the travel experience, and minimize each city's carbon footprint.
You will collaborate with a diverse group of talented professionals who are as passionate about their work as you are, and are committed to delivering only the highest quality solutions. We are an agile team, and this means you're empowered to deliver the best results, have the opportunity to influence all aspects of the business, and know that each contribution you make is significant. In an industry where Cubic is a world leader, we're driving a paradigm shift in how transportation services are planned, delivered, and consumed to better meet the needs of an increasing and ever-more concentrated urban population. Don't take a backseat. Join Cubic and be instrumental in driving the future of travel.
Job Summary: This is a technical project delivery role responsible for defining, specifying, documenting and delivering the engineering solutions for large and critical projects and products. The Senior Technical Delivery Manager, acting hand in hand with the Program Manager, is responsible for managing the program's engineering-related tasks, and ensuring that engineering solutions are proposed, implemented and delivered to the agreed scope, budget, and schedule.
This position will be required to provide engineering leadership to development teams, and lead investigation of engineering issues in the field and development laboratories. The role will require familiarity with devices, back office systems (including financial transactions, reconciliation, payment processing, and customer services) and mobile applications. This position works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substencial decision-makign authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Oversees all aspects of the engineering side of programs from design to delivery and deployment.
* Delivers engineering solutions that meet budget, schedule and agreed scope.
* Provides engineering leadership for new or ongoing projects with team sizes typically of ten or more engineers.
* Collaborates with engineers, operations, program management, product management, and other stakeholders to come up with solutions, taking a management lead on design and development, and transitioning from project to operations.
* Works with project management and schedulers to define and maintain engineering project schedules and plans.
* Works with project management and financial analysts to define and maintain engineering budgets, and monitor cost and earned value status.
* Coordinates and aligns multiple scrum teams, and leading a scrum-of-scrums.
* Leads cross-team collaboration using tools such as Confluence, SharePoint and Slack.
* Establishes and follows engineering development plans.
* Defines and solves problems in a persistent and systematic fashion, taking an engineering lead on defect management in accordance with engineering processes and be hands-on with troubleshooting exercises when required.
* Manages technical presentations, discussions, workshops and gate reviews.
* Manages the engineering and technical review of documents and work products.
* Interfaces with customers on engineering requirements, designs, issues, planning and status updates.
* Enforces proper software and systems design documentation and methodology.
* Ensures project and development teams are properly appraised of status, schedule and scope.
* Manages the analysis and capture of user requirements using tools such as DOORS, and the elaboration of system and sub-system requirements from user requirements.
* Manages and monitors software development work activities and status using tools such as Jira.
* Monitors testing and formal requirements sign-off.
* Supports defect identification and resolution, and monitor test status using tools such as TestRail.
* Leads process and technology improvement initiatives.
* Works collaboratively with internal departments, customer representatives, third party suppliers and other stakeholders.
* Establishes and reviews engineering statements of work and work breakdown structures in conjunction with project plans and schedules.
* Develops engineering estimates using appropriate methods such as bottom-up and parametric techniques.
* Monitors/coordinates software integration and software/hardware integration in integration and test/QA environments.
* Develops plans for supplier software releases based on customer and stakeholder requirements.
* Follows formal change management processes.
* May mentor and coach more junior TDMs and other engineering team members.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree in Engineering (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline) or Business Operations, plus twelve years of related experience. A Masters Degree in Engineering or Busines Operations is desired. Experience in creating, analyzing, documenting and testing system and subsystem designs. Mental ability to perform engineering problem solving and analytical tasks. Familiarity with project management principles. Must be able to work under project deadlines and be able to establish and maintain engineering project schedules and cost budgets. Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Must communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form. Requires strong team building and multi-tasking skills. Must be a pro-active leader who is decisive and action-oriented, and can liaise effectively with project teams, project managers and customers (internal and external). Project management qualifications, such as PMI PMP, is desired.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
About Cubic Corporation
Cubic Corporation is a provider of integrated technology solutions to government and commercial customers.