Search for more jobs
Senior Technical Consultant - Computational Finance
* Job: 20477-PGUI
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Technical Sales Engineering
MathWorks is seeking a computational finance specialist to join our rapidly-growing Consulting Services team. In this role you will help our customers use MATLAB and associated tools to develop applications in portfolio optimization, risk assessment, and financial modeling. While common themes include software design, MATLAB coding and testing, quantitative analyses, data visualization, performance improvement, and deployment, project work spans a wide range, from proofs of concept to component development to enterprise deployment. Projects also involve model risk management, application development, platform integration, and automated reporting.
This position is at MathWorks headquarters in Natick, MA.
* Lead consulting engagements with and deliver technical services to customers (~50% of time)
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, build, and promote service offerings specific to the finance industry
* Conduct discovery and qualification discussions with customers
* Formulate problems and define requirements
* Conceive, design, prototype, and evaluate solution strategies
* Work both independently and in teams to ensure customer enablement and success
* Provide feedback to development teams to continuously improve our products
* A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
* Experience with Computational finance
* Proficiency with Technical computing
* Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
* Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
* MS in mathematics, econometrics, physics, or engineering
* Proficiency in MATLAB, Python, or R
* Experience using statistical analysis platforms (e.g. SAS)
* Software application development experience
* Database experience
* Cloud computing experience
* Customer-facing experience
* Project management experience
* Availability to travel as projects require
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.