The Senior Systems Engineer's role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The Senior Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. Works closely with project teams and developers to deliver business projects and helps manage incidents and requests from the business.
* Responsible for updating servers with latest security patches and vulnerabilities during non-business hours on a rotational basis with other employees.
* Deep knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server operating systems (2003 - 2016 OS) and Exchange (2010 - present) environments is required. Experience migrating legacy operating systems to newer OS.
* Active Directory experience including DHCP, DNS, ADFS and WINS with multi-site replication between sites.
* PowerShell and DOS Scripting experience required in order to help manage jobs.
* Maintain, build and monitor Virtual Machines (VMware 5.1 and higher clusters).
* Intimate knowledge of EMC SAN environments (VNX and Unity platforms).
* Batch Scheduling, SFTP/FTP file transfer setup and maintenance, PGP file encryption experience required.
* Experience building web servers with Tomcat and IIS.
* Previous experience managing PKI and SSL Certificates a plus.
* Job Scheduling experience using Tidal a plus.
* Basic understanding of Java execution.
* Working knowledge and experience building out environments with cloud providers such as AWS (AWS Cognito (SSO)) and Azure.
* Experience working in SQL Server environments - Installation, configuration, Availability Group (AG), clustering, troubleshooting capabilities.
* Support and maintain Data Domain and backups.
* Utilize server (SCOM & SCCM) and network monitoring tools (Solar Winds) for proactive monitoring.
* Lead remediation efforts related to audit findings. Complete remediation efforts based on due dates.
* Support and maintain F5 environment.
* General working knowledge of firewall concepts a plus.
* Experience with Qlik automation and building out environments is a plus.
* Maintain, monitor, report and remediate system compliance levels in accordance with IT general controls, IT polices, change management and system development life cycle.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum 10 years of experience servicing and supporting MS Server environments.This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
* Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certification Required
* MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) Preferred
* AWS Certified SysOps Administrator or equivalent knowledge
* ITIL Certified preferred
EEO StatementDonlen is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening. Donlen is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Donlen is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.