What you'll be doing...
As a CCS Systems Integration Consultant, you will provide custom software engineering professional services, specifically in the contact center domain. You will partner with clients, facilitate JAD sessions, synthesize business requirements, transfer those requirements to an enterprise design leveraging best practices and OOA/D principles (e.g., design patterns, UML, etc.), implement design to specification in modern OOP language (C#, C++, or Java), perform all aspects of the testing lifecycle (i.e., unit testing, system integration testing, quality assurance testing, and user testing), and work with customer to rollout final solution into production. Other position responsibilities include:
* Developing custom repeatable CX solutions and performing enterprise deployments of custom middleware and Agent desktop solution based on the Genesys and CISCO SDK's.
* Developing custom integrations to backend systems such as web services, databases, legacy 3270/5250 mainframes, CTI, and reporting infrastructures.
* Serving as a design and development consultant to other team members.
* Providing guidance for business decisions from a technical perspective on such issues as performance, scalability, reliability, and security.
* Developing new offerings and preparing formal documentation to ensure successful product/service life-cycle.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* A Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with web technology and application server platforms such as Apache Tomcat, IBM Web Sphere, and Microsoft IIS.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Ten or more years of software engineering industry experience.
* Expertise in common programming languages (e.g., Java, .NET, J2EE).
* Effective client interaction skills, coupled with the ability to interface effectively with Verizon's technical staff regarding all phases of CTI project implementation (i.e., hardware/software installation, development, and systems integration testing phases).
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
* Effective oral and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Ability to act as both a team member and team leader as appropriate.
* Ability to assess capabilities and limitations of architectures and recommend alternative solutions.
* Ability to interface with customers' technical staff during all phases of CTI project implementation (i.e., requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and production).
* Experience in developing IVR / Speech applications using VXML, CCXML, .NET and Java technologies.
* Software architecture skills in both an object-oriented and procedural environment.
* Working knowledge of design patterns.
* Willingness to travel 26% to 50% of the time.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.