Spirent is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer in Networking and Telecommunications to help drive sales in the U.S. Midwest in the area of Test and Measurement solutions. Spirent is leading the way in testing, assurance, analytics, and security to assure the capabilities and performance of networks, network equipment, devices, and services. This individual will be an integral member of Spirent's regional sales team and work closely with many of Spirent's strategic Customers and Industry experts. Since this role is focused on the Mid West region- candidates who are local to the Detroit, Michigan & Chicago, Illinois area are going to be preferred candidate locations.
You will specialize in Pre-Sales activities, acting as the technical subject matter expert on Spirent's products and solutions, understanding customer requirements, determining the best solutions, and effectively communicating the value proposition of those solutions to target customers.
Your primary focus will be to drive technical end-to-end solutions into our clients as part of an integrated sales team. Pre-sales activities include solution development and demonstrations, technical presentations, design documentation creation, assisting with technical questions or concerns during the sales process, frequently participating in the project specification process, acting as liaison between Spirent's sales/business development and engineering groups, and leading key customer proof of concepts in addition to direct customer engagement in support of the sales team's objectives.
Why Spirent.... Because together we can shape tomorrow!
Spirent offers unique career opportunities where you can set your innovative spirit free. Our customers look to us to provide services and products that are at the forefront of the telecom industry. We are large enough to provide a wide-range of opportunities, but small enough for you to make an impact.
Spirent is its people and when you join Spirent, you will work alongside some of the best subject matter experts in the industry. Success is important to us and so is having a work/life balance. We believe that you should be able to pursue your career aspirations in an innovative and creative environment, as well as explore your personal passions. At Spirent, we want you to love your work and your life too!
Your journey begins here. So, let's discover the future together - apply today!
* Technical lead within a sales team.
* Provide direct pre-sales support to key customers.
* Understand customer business needs and to be able to reflect business benefit through proposed solutions using a consultative approach.
* Tailor Spirent product presentations and provide technical demonstrations to customers to help obtain sales objectives.
* Effectively work with internal/external teams to anticipate and qualify customer needs.
* Identify customer requirements and communicate these requirements/feature requests to Product Marketing.
* Provide post-sales support and on-going customer training, as required.
* Work with Spirent Support and Engineering teams to help solve customer issues.
* Bachelor's degree Electrical Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited university required or equivalent work experience. Master's degree with a technical focus is a preferred.
* 10 years of industry experience in a technical role, including 5 or more years in Sales, Pre-sales, Technical Sales, or Systems Engineering.
* Excellent listening and presentation skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office and CRM tools
* Network/Security certifications, including CCNA, CCIE, JNCIA and or CISSP are a plus.
* Strong technical skills in networking, network security, telecommunications, and applications.
* Strong technical skills and hands-on experience in IP and Ethernet technologies, Data Center Ethernet, 400/100/40/10GigEth, L4-L7 technologies, Cloud Services, Virtualization, OpenFlow & SDN/NFV.
* Application level protocol knowledge (HTTP(s), FTP, DNS, TELNET, TCP/IP, Streaming Media).
* Security device knowledge (Firewall, load balancing, IDS, IPS).
* Routing protocol knowledge, both IPv4 and IPv6 including RIP, BGP, OSPF, ISIS.
* MPLS Protocol knowledge: RSVP-TE, LDP.
* Previous telecom/networking test equipment experience would be a plus (Spirent TestCenter, Avalanche, Adtech, Ixia, Agilent, Shenick, BreakingPoint Systems).
* Programming Language experience in TCL/TK, C/C++, Java, Perl are a plus.
* 3G/4G/5G Mobile Core Networking and troubleshooting expertise are a plus.
Spirent Communications is a provider of test and measurement solutions to develop devices and equipment and to operate networks.