Whole Foods Market
Whole Foods Market is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer - Security to join our Retail Engineering team responsible for designing and distributing new technology solutions across our retail footprint. This position is part of the team responsible for the development and management of our retail infrastructure. Day-to-day activities include consultation with the rest of the engineering team on solutions in the design phase to ensure current security standards are met. In this role, you will lead security initiatives and all PCI and SOX compliance tasks across the team, as well as participate in our released base penetration testing activities. The Sr. Systems Engineer - Security will provide support, implementation and design services for Microsoft Active Directory and Windows-based systems across the retail enterprise. The ideal candidate must live and breathe collaboration, cooperation and communication as this role will work closely with other technology teams, vendors and business partners to build win-win relationships.
* Lead the securing of system solutions for customer facing technologies, including Point of Sale (POS), scales, mobile devices, etc.
* Participate in systems design meetings with the customer and vendor
* Actively consult with the enterprise infrastructure team on the selection and deployment of security applications that impact our retail infrastructure, including AV, intrusion detection, application whitelisting tools, etc.
* Apply new security solutions through research and collaboration with team and determine course of action for new application initiatives
* Lead the technical architecture team on AD issues and GPO design for ongoing issues and future planned projects
* Participate in enterprise security activities and represent the retail engineering team in all corporate information security initiatives
* Create and maintain system documentation for domain technologies and GPO practices, including installation, configuration and appropriate troubleshooting steps
* Train other system administrators on security topics and provide instructions to the L2 and L3 support teams as needed
* Adhere to established security, support and testing policies/procedures
* Participate in external vendor management issues as needed
* 5+ years of system administration of a Windows environment required
* Strong working knowledge of PCI security requirements required
* Knowledge of SOX compliance and enforcement required
* Proficiency in designing, implementing and supporting Windows servers/desktops in a distributed environment
* Possessing or pursuing a relevant professional certification [e.g., Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP)]
* Working knowledge of Windows embedded systems across a distributed environment
* Expert knowledge in administering Active Directory (AD) and GPOs
* Experience with enterprise software deployment and management tools like SCOM or SCCM desired
* Knowledge of common intrusion detection and other client device security tools desired
* Proficiency in system hardware architecture and implementation
* Experience in systems hardening
* Experience in a retail environment strongly preferred
* Point of Sale (POS) experience helpful
* Experience developing in a scripting language such as PowerShell
* Experience with infrastructure and server theories, principles and concepts; application infrastructure and standards; networking fundamentals; Windows; Physical Server architecture; Virtualization Technologies (e.g. Hyper-V, VMware) and LAN/WAN/Firewall/VPN network technologies
* 4 year degree in Computer Science preferred or equivalent experience
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
About Whole Foods Market
Whole Foods Market is engaged in the business of natural and organic foods supermarket.