This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is an expert at managing end-to-end IT functions including servers, desktops, and server applications among other technologies. Reporting to the Manager of Corporate IT, the Senior Systems Engineer will work closely with a small team dedicated to managing the systems and services used by Cornerstone OnDemand employees on a daily basis, while interacting with the IT Service Desk as well as other teams within the Technology Operations organization.
In this role you will...
* Be Responsible for corporate operations and support to maintain uninterrupted production systems
* Responsibilities include configuration, administration, upgrade, security remediation and overall maintenance of server, storage, and DB resources
* Research and resolve complex problems encountered during the installation and operation of our software applications to ensure negligible impact on both client and internal employee ·
* Participate in meetings and provides technical assistance and interpretation to Executive staff on issues affecting company-wide computer hardware, software, and communications needs.
* Requires continual emergency on-call status involving information systems and data communications systems
* Manage Microsoft, Cisco, HP technology corporate systems
* Responsible for the development, testing, distribution, and maintenance of corporate application software, backup management, disaster recovery planning, Mobile Device Management (Intune), Office365.
* Serve as escalation point for Helpdesk team, maintenance of hardware and software license inventories, patch management and upgrades (both operating system and application software), define standards, and securing the desktop and laptop environment.
You've got what it takes if you have...
* 5+ years of strong working experience with Core OS, Networking for all Windows platforms
* 3+ years of experience in automating process that go from ticket intake to completion
* Info Sec is important to us so it's important that you have been key in protecting environments to pass SOC and ISO environments for at least 3 years
* 4+ years of experience supporting a wide variety of end points
* Expertise in environment consists of Windows 2008/2012/2016 servers, various HP servers, Active Directory (AD), HyperV, SQL Servers, Sharepoint, Confluence, JIRA, System Center Configuration Manager, System Center Virtual Machine Manager and related apps.
* Prepared, tested, and reviewed desktop engineer software packages for remote distribution for Windows workstations, laptops and MacBooks.
* Administered and monitored remote software distribution process
* Ability to analyze the issue to determine proper team assignment
* Provided troubleshooting recommendations and guidance to helpdesk
* Created and review other team member's system documentation and procedures for operating system configuration, client application installation, remote deployment, peripheral setup etc.
* Complied with, recommended, and implemented enterprise policies for security and confidentiality
* Participated in team on-call support during off-business hours
Extra dose of awesome if you...
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology related field; or equivalent experience
* Have CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, or any Microsoft certification
About Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone OnDemand is a company providing comprehensive learning and talent management solutions.