Twenty-First Century Fox
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
We are a collection of enduring brands and iconic, unforgettable characters. We create content for audiences big and small, reaching billions of people every day. Most of all, we are many individuals, each uniquely talented, each a critical piece to our puzzle, who collectively become a power. Desire to thrill and engage? Join us as we engage and inspire.
Position: Senior System Engineer
We are looking for a qualified Senior System Administrator to join our team as technical support for back-end applications and IT Infrastructure. Under the direction of the FoxNext Games IT Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for implementing, operating, and maintaining systems, servers, and related components to ensure high levels of availability and security of the studio's business critical systems. This position also maintains and coordinates with enterprise applications and databases, as well as providing file sharing services and user administration. If you have 7 to 10 years minimum of experience as a System Administrator, we encourage you to submit an application.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
* Set-up, build and administration of multi-platform networks (Windows, Linux, MacOS), storage systems (NAS, SAN), Active Directory, Windows Server, Backup and Archival, Virtualization (VMware ESXi), IT security hardening, performance and software deployment
* Monitor and manage the server infrastructure (on prem and cloud) including constantly monitoring for server space and storage to ensure storage is provisioned accordingly
* Set-up and administer business continuity and disaster recovery solutions in coordination with FoxNext Games management and outside vendors
* Integrate AWS/AWS-hosted/SaaS applications with Okta
* Maintain file server health including operating system updates, patches, configuration changes, redirected folders, departmental or group shares, quota management, and permissions as well as managing user accounts and security groups on multiple systems including Active Directory
* Resolve IT Level 2 and Level 3 tickets within ServiceNow queue accurately, timely, and ensure the communication documented within tickets is complete and respectful
* Assist IT Director with compliance and auditing of security guidelines for computer and technology services
* Support and troubleshoot application issues for local and remote end-users to understand their needs and provide guidance
* Perform shell scripting and automation of repetitive administrative tasks
* Evaluation of new systems for purchase recommendations and recommend changes based upon insight from technology developments
* Develop daily, weekly and monthly reports for systems maintained
Position Requirements (Abilities and Skills):
* Previous experience as a System Administrator within a video game development organization, preferably with MMO's
* Strong networking and Windows/Linux/OSX interoperability experience
* Strong scripting skills in bash, powershell, etc.
* Experience with and troubleshooting server infrastructure, complex networking infrastructure including firewalls, VLANs, and load balancers
* Proficiency configuring and administering systems deployed in AWS
* Experience with SAML
* Experience with source code version control and build systems such as Perforce, Subversion, Jenkins, GIT, etc.
* Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery
* Experience with Jamf, Miradore and software packaging
* Broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, Windows, Mac OS, iOS and Android technologies, multi-level computer systems, applications, services and/or equipment
* Experience with Active Directory, Group policy, DNS, DHCP, Azure, Scripting and PowerShell/Bash scripting
* Strong background with patch management processes
* Experience with Jira and Confluence builds, set-up and migration
* Great organizational and time management skills to effectively juggle multiple priorities and time constraints related to system support, upgrades and implementations
* Self-motivated with ability to lead and take ownership/responsibility
* Flexible in working outside of core business hours at short-notice with travel between multiple sites
* Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant field. Seven years of relevant professional experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree may qualify.
* MCSE/MCITP certification preferred
* AWS - Cloud Computing Services certification preferred
* Jamf, CCA or CCE certified preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About Twenty-First Century Fox
Twenty-First Century Fox operates as a diversified media and entertainment company.