PulsePoint, a global programmatic advertising platform with specialized healthcare expertise, fuses the science of programmatic targeting, distribution and optimization with the art of brand engagement. The PulsePoint platform is powered by terabytes of impression-level data, allowing brands to efficiently engage the right audiences at scale while helping publishers increase yield through actionable insights.
As a part of the Technical Operations team you will work with the best and brightest in AdTech. As a part of this team you will be challenged, expected to grow your technical knowledge, challenge your fellow team members, and they will challenge you back. Our team is not competitive, but we are goal orientated and driven to succeed.
What you'll be doing:
* Deploying, configuring, monitoring and maintaining 1000+ Linux servers globally, across multiple datacenters
* Perform planning, configuration, deployment and maintenance work relevant to the environment
* Managing the large-scale Linux infrastructure to ensure maximum up-time
* Developing and documenting system configuration standards and procedures
* Performance and reliability testing. This may include reviewing configuration, software choices/versions, hardware specs, etc.
* Participate a 24x7 on call rotation supporting the server infrastructure and be willing to jump on escalated issues as needed
* Advancing our technology stack with innovative ideas and new creative solutions
Who are you:
* Collaboration is in your DNA. You enjoy contributing to a mutual cause, that is why you know when the team succeeds, you succeed.
* You are always looking for ways to grow your skills. You are hungry to learn new technologies and sharing your insights with your team.
* You like a big picture perspective and also digging into the fine details. You can think strategy but also dive into complex systems break them down and build them back better.
* You are a proactive problem solver. You are irked by an unreliable infrastructure and your first instinct is to find ways to fix it.
What you'll need:
* Thorough understanding of Linux ( we use CentOS in production )
* Deep understanding of Puppet configuration management tool
* You know what git is and can easily resolve a merge conflict
* Advanced knowledge of K8s and its ecosystem
* Experience administering SQL/NoSQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra)
* Experience with scalable infrastructure monitoring solutions such as Icinga, Graphite/Grafana, ELK
* Any scripting language (Python/Ruby/Shell etc)
* Understanding of basic networking concepts ( TCP/IP stack, DNS, CDN, load balancing )
Bonus, but not required:
* Mesosphere stack
* Train/mentor junior-level staff
* Experience in AdTech or High-Frequency Trading a plus
* Experience with Security-related best practices a plus
What you'll get:
* Sane work hours (with flexible scheduling)
* Competitive Salary & 401K Plan Match
* Generous paid vacation (we consider your birthday a holiday)
* Sabbatical at 5 years of employment
* Health & Wellness Fairs
* The opportunity to partake in our Office Fitness Shape-Up Program
* Professional training and development budget
* Annual Company Retreat
* Complimentary membership to local programs like NYC CitiBike
* Corporate Discount to New York Sports Club (NYSC)
* Free team lunches twice a month
* Team happy hours and beer-o-clock Fridays
* Awesome snacks: drink bar, coffee bar, ice cream bar, candy bar & fruit bar
* The opportunity to join our Company Sports Teams
* Indoor dart wars, PAC-MAN, Basketball and Ping-Pong Tournaments
PulsePoint is a data and technology company that offers programmatic solutions for healthcare organizations, aiming to personalize information and improve outcomes.