Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Perform performance trend analysis and manage the server/network capacity. Propose client configuration and implement technical solutions to enhance and/or troubleshoot the system. Work with others to define, coordinate vendor purchase needs. Responsible for support documentation as well.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a member of the Systems Engineering group supporting NetSuite Global Business Unit, you will be a key member of the team that owns the design, development, implementation, and sustaining engineering of the building blocks for all of our service delivery. The SE group, in partnership with many other organizations, is responsible for the delivery and proper functioning of the underlying services in our data centers - whether logical or virtual. This includes the framework and services for provisioning new systems, validating hardware and virtual configurations, managing, patching, and configuring the base operating system, and the services that comprise our overall configuration management framework. The systems engineering group is a highly technical organization that thrives on empowering our peers to deliver their services better, faster, and more effectively. We are experts in systems life-cycle, and we are pushing the adaptation of our services into Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
You will be partnering with many groups such as operations, site reliability and development to ensure we continue to provide a highly performance, resilient and secure data center. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can leverage their experience, knowledge and troubleshooting skills to design services, implement them, and then teach and empower other organizations to consume them across a wide range of technologies within a fast-paced environment. The Systems Engineering group is focused on the future on what a NetSuite Datacenter should look like.
We have junior, mid, and senior level positions available in this fast-growing organization!
* 5 years' experience building and managing servers * 5 years' experience with Linux administration * 5 years' experience with writing and debugging scripts * Experience in 24x7 service delivery operations * Core understanding of all underlying datacenters service components (IP networking,
imaging, DHCP, DNS, SMTP, etc.)
* Understanding of the management and consumption of Cloud Services Architectures: OCI,
AWS, Azure, Google, etc.
* Strong Documentation skills to build technical design/processes * Self-starter, self-driven, self-management of multiple concurrent assignments and apply
* Excellent troubleshooting/problem solving skills * Flexibility, adaptability, and a built-in desire to learn MORE and do MORE * Strong affinity for DevOps methodologies and tools * Ability to hold-your-own in conversations about Change Management, Incident handling
SaaS delivery, service architecture
* A clear understanding of the difference between a Systems Administrator and a Systems
* Service Delivery of a SaaS solution * Excellent knowledge and experience with OEL, RHEL or other clone * Strong systems management and development with Python * Experience with Salt for configuration management * Experience with implementing DevOps theories, methods, and tools * Effectively design, implement, debug and report findings using an industry standard suite of tools (Confluence, JIRA, stash, Artifactory, Git, svn, Jenkins, etc.) and related processes (Agile, Kanban boards, Scrum, Build/Test automation, etc.) * Some domestic and international travel may be required
Be a member of the team that will:
* Deliver secure, reliable, and performant common building block services within our datacenters that can be consumed, used, managed, and maintained by various teams to deliver the overall NetSuite GBU services. * Facilitate and empower teams to get their own service-stack components configured, deployed, built, managed, and solid within the scope of NS-GBU's datacenter frameworks. * Drive innovation and continuous improvement of our common building block services across the entire NS-GBU ecosystem.
Define, design, implement, sustain, train, and empower the development and operations organizations within NSGBU to deliver excellence.
Help define and build what the future of NS-GBU's datacenter services and service components are. Be a technology, process, service delivery frameworks, and systems automation zealot!
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.