Leidos is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer who specializes in optical communications to support our program office in Greenbelt, Maryland (ability to work remotely will be considered). The selected individual will support Next Generation optical communication ground terminal studies for the NASA Space network. Leidos is part of Space Communications Network Services (SCNS) team that is responsible for the operation, maintenance, sustainment, and systems engineering of NASA's worldwide satellite communication networks.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Secret clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Leading all system engineering actives required to support optical communication R&D studies.
* Coordinate and review modeling, simulation, and analysis of optical communication technologies, techniques, and operational concepts.
* Developing technical documentation including requirements, interface control, verification, and operation concept documents.
* Evaluating potential optical communication architectures and ground station locations.
* Identifying system performance analyses, trade studies, risks and associated mitigations.
* Developing test plans and procedures for optical communications technologies and techniques.
* Supporting the development, coordination, and presentation of Key Decision Point (KDP) Presentations (e.g. PDCR, PDR, CDR, SRR, SIR, SAR, ORR, etc.)
Typical Education and Qualifications:
* Master's degree in engineering, physics, computer science, mathematics, or a related technical field and 15+ years of related work experience in field.
* 5+ years of using coordinate and review modeling, simulation, and analysis of optical communication technologies, techniques, and operational concepts.
* 5+ years of developing test plans and procedures for optical communications technologies and techniques.
* Prior experience NASA or other federal government agency projects.
* Experience with optical communications systems and subsystems.
* Familiarity with NASA, DoD, or other agency systems engineering processes.
* Knowledge of the NASA Space Network
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.