Aon is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer, Infrastructure Systems
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Aon's Cyber Solutions in New York, NY. As a Sr. Systems Engineer, Infrastructure Systems, you will report directly to the Vice President, of Aon's Cyber Solutions, IT.
Your impact as a Senior Systems, Engineer, Infrastructure Systems
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for maintaining and supporting global IT infrastructure and will be a key member of the Information Technology's Systems and Storage Group. This individual is required to have infrastructure design and implementations skills and will be tasked to work on new initiatives for the organization. Advanced troubleshooting skills is expected for Level II/Level III ticket escalation. Must be a team player who is goal oriented and have great collaboration skills. Will work within a best-in-class Information Technology team with the mindset to work until the job is complete. Must also be able to work independently, be a self-starter, and multi-task oriented.
* Design, Configuration, and Troubleshoot Enterprise Class Infrastructure Systems.
* Various Compute Platforms.
* Enterprise SAN environments.
* Large NAS implementations.
* Strong VMWare and Virtualization skill.
* In-Depth Active Directory experience is required.
* Strong communications skills.
* Ability to present technical concepts and create technical documentation.
* Ownership and accountability for technology domain projects and initiatives.
* Provide technical support for Windows platforms on both physical and Virtual environments.
* Linux/Unix experience a plus.
* Network troubleshooting necessary.
* Multi-Domain support.
* Manage the production rollout of various MS Windows based s
* Manage the lifecycle of hardware and break-fix, including the RMA process with resellers and vendors.
* Respond to all customer problems and inquiries, both within local office and remote support.
* Prior experience with proper call categorization, routing of incidents, and escalation processes.
* After-hours support availability is a requirement including nights and weekends.
* Accountable for incident closure and follow-up confirmation with the end use
* Ability to learn fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipm
* Manage user accounts and security access.
* Assemble and disassemble Server hardware as necessa
* Properly maintain inventory of Infrastructure equipment.
* Must be able to work both independently and as a part of a cohesive team.
* Travel to other Stroz Friedberg sites for training and support coverage periodically.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Extensive knowledge and experience of compute environments, multi-tiered storage architectures and all aspects of component connectivity. The following technologies preferred:
* UCS Blade Infrastructure Knowledge.
* EMC ExtremIO/ VNXe platforms.
* EMC Isilon.
* Oracle RAC.
* Citrix Technologies including Netscaler.
* VMware Virtualization Technology.
* Ability to analyze and compare best of breed technologies and perform proof of concept installations when required.
* Oversight of monitoring solutions to provide quick issue response and resolution.
* Extensive knowledge and experience with multi-site architectures and high availability configurations.
* Strong ability to assess disaster recovery functionality within every layer of the Infrastructure.
* Thorough understanding of security vulnerabilities in each environment and importance of risk assessments.
* Experience with satellite office solution architecture for LAN, MAN and WAN distances.
* Expertise in Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, Active Directory, MS SQL.
* Knowledge in DHCP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, TCP/IP, RAID, DNS.
* Knowledge or Oracle Databases/RAC (Knowledge a Plus).
* Knowledge of applications such as VPN clients, Anti-virus, and Mobile Device Management.
* Knowledge of networking technologies, including switches, routers, and VoIP.
* Experience with Enterprise level backup systems.
* Redhat Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS, (Knowledge a Plus).
* Familiarity with Electronic Discovery Platforms (A Plus).
Candidates must possess
* Strong interpersonal communication and clear and articulate speech.
* The ability to expertly convey information in non-technical terms with professionalism and confidence.
* Capacity for adaptation to a rapidly changing environment.
* Thorough experience within all areas of infrastructure including network integration.
* Must be technically hand-on and able to offer assistance with tasks.
* 5-7 years' experience as Senior Technology Professional.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2458326
Category: Infrastructure Services
Location: United States, NY, New York
Aon provides professional services, including a range of risk, retirement, and health solutions.