In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul, or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Systems Engineers at Riot play a significant role in supporting our global player base by using their expertise to build efficient infrastructure solutions. We seek to eliminate the need for human interaction with infrastructure by automating a range of functions such as orchestration, deployments, or configuration management. Systems Engineer at Riot recognize how and when to use automation frameworks like Python, Terraform, or Ansible, we understand the basic concepts of software programming, and readily craft tools to make it easier for Rioters to ship code.
As a Systems Engineer on the Datacenter team, you will work alongside a passionate team of network and infrastructure engineers as well as technicians. We combine strong expertise in networking, systems administration, physical infrastructure, and DevOps to automate and improve the way we store, process, and distribute data for League of Legends, while also paving the road for future games.
Our Systems Engineers are exposed to a broad array of engineering practices and harness their own creativity to find new avenues for automation and improvement. You might be tasked with the creation and management of virtual machines, design and deployment of imaging systems, or with handling resources within our physical data centers. We're looking for Systems Engineers to not only create automated solutions for day to day tasks, but to identify broader systems engineering problems. Armed with technical depth and a problem solving mindset, you'll consult and advise teams across Riot to better support their systems needs. You will also mentor other Systems Engineers.
* Optimize deployments and maintenance of physical servers within data centers
* Work with cloud service providers to automate tasks (deployments, maintenance, orchestration)
* Write automation using tools like Ansible or Salt within a CI/CD framework
* Integrate with multiple types of APIs that are used to handle a wide range of devices, such as cloud providers, Windows or Linux servers, and inventory services
* Provide direction to impact overall strategy and roadmap of infrastructure architecture across Riot
* Respond to and diagnose emerging systems errors
* Produce comprehensive user documentation around your implemented solutions
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or comparable field
* 3+ years industry experience
* Experience working with DevOps and Agile/Scrum teams
* Coding or scripting experience using languages such as, but not limited to: Python, Terraform, Ansible
* Knowledge of local storage options and maintenance practices
* System administration and imaging experience for Windows and Linux servers
* Excellent written and verbal communication skill for technical and non-technical audiences
* Procient with basic networking troubleshooting such as using traceroute.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00)
About Riot Games
Riot Games is a global company that develops online games.