Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
The mission of Marine Corps Systems Command is to serve as the Department of the Navy's (DON) systems command for Marine Corps ground weapon and information technology programs in order to equip and sustain Marine forces with expeditionary and crisis response capabilities.
The Senior Systems Engineer will support Program Manager Intelligence Systems (PMIS) in research and development, acquisition, and sustainment of innovative tactical intelligence collection, processing, and dissemination equipment as well as ground electronic warfare (EW) systems. The Senior Systems Engineer will support PMIS in executing engineering tasks throughout all phases of the acquisition lifecycle.
* Provide technical expertise in research and development, acquisition and sustainment of innovative tactical intelligence collection, processing, and dissemination equipment as well as ground electronic warfare systems.
* Assist with Rapid Technology insertion opportunities into system end items for reliability and maintainability improvements and reduction in cost and/or minor performance enhancements.
* Provide subject matter expertise in acquisition engineering best practices.
* Interface with the Program Office to manage engineering tasking supporting the technology insertion efforts to enhance system performance and allow interoperability between Marine Corps and other DoD IC intelligence systems/capabilities.
* Analyze technical problems; develop courses of action and present recommendations to leadership on solutions.
* Develop and/or modify plans, architectures, frameworks, protocols, tactics, policies, procedures, manuals, guides, or strategies documentation preparation, review of criteria, and preparation of briefing material.
* Perform and develop assessments, analyses, studies, reports, reviews, estimates, surveys, or investigations related to Science and Technology efforts.
* Position Requirements:
* A minimum of twelve (12) years (with a Bachelor's Degree) supporting acquisition programs in Systems Engineering; experience with Marine Corps Systems Command preferred.
* Strong technical background in information systems, networking, and tactical employment of information systems.
* Experience with the developing prototypes to address new or emerging needs/requirements
* Proven ability to mature technical solutions into TRL level 9 capabilities
* Candidate must have at least five (5) years of experience within at least three (3) of the following focus areas:
* Requirements definition
* Systems development lifecycle
* Formulating Design Methodology
* Documentation origination
* Systems Integration and Testing to verify required performance
* Assessment of change proposals for technical merit
* DoD 5000.2
* Three (3) years of experience is required with either Capability Maturity Model integration (CMMI), ISO 9000 or other similar processes and procedures.
* Certified Scrum Master
* 8570 IAT Level II Certification
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.
About ManTech International
ManTech International Corporation provides technologies, consulting services and solutions for mission-critical national security programs.