Senior Systems Engineer I - Unmanned Systems
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training. We are searching for a Senior Systems Engineer I in our Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division, located in Plano, TX.
L3 AS&T is built on the proposition that a small team of the right people can do what others will not even attempt. We specialize in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced small Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience. We've earned a reputation for providing vital warfighter solutions at a faster pace than traditional DoD contractors, so if you like the idea of hands-on experience designing, building, testing and fielding new technology at a fast pace and supporting the vital missions of our warfighters, then L3 AS&T may be the company for you.
We are currently recruiting a mid-level Systems Engineer with software development expertise to work on our Unmanned Aerial Systems team. This individual will lead project system design and requirement activities while working closely with the Program Chief Engineer who is responsible for the project's technical solution. You will be part of a small and agile team of system engineers, collaborating with our mechanical, electrical, software, and aeronautical engineers in planning, designing, manufacturing, and testing of systems. You'll ensure system software and hardware requirements are traced to the design and formally verified/validated. And, you'll be coordinating directly with our customers, subcontractors, and vendor personnel on actions.
You will demonstrate success through:
* Support of hardware/software requirements definition, decomposition, allocation, management, verification, and validation
* System specification development, creation and enforcement of interface control documents (ICD), system risk management, and system configuration management in our autonomous unmanned systems.
* Responsibility for development of concepts of employment, uses cases, sequence diagrams, and service contracts.
* Creation, maintenance and use of requirements-related documentation and databases for multiple programs.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Must be a US citizen
* Must have a Secret clearance with current 5 year update; Top Secret is highly desired and ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SSBI is mandatory
* Must possess a minimum of a BS degree in engineering, computer science, or related field
* Software experience in C/C
* System level design experience in which the applicant has led or been significantly involved in the design and integration of complex software systems, the definition of multiple interfaces including human-machine and been involved in the trades of multiple solution options
* Demonstrated expertise in Systems Engineering disciplines and the government program acquisition lifecycle, to include requirements definition, creation of software-based requirements verification test matrices, requirements decomposition, requirements traceability, design reviews and documentation, and integration and test
* Demonstrated ability to handle multiple programs and responsibilities simultaneously
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in requirements development, design, implementation, integration and test of aerospace-related technical systems.
* Must be able to travel up to 10% to support field testing
* Degree or relevant coursework in Systems Engineering
* Experience with and an understanding of aerospace systems, especially in the development of integrated hardware/software products
* Experience in unmanned systems
* Experience with requirements management using DOORS
* Experience with service-oriented architecture and service contracts
* Familiarity with MIL-STD-1553, STANAG 4586, JAUS, OMS, UCI and other common messaging architectures
* Software safety experience (e.g. design margins, timing margins, processor utilization margins, best practices for software design verification testing) is a significant plus.
* Experience in development of use cases developed from customer objectives and concepts of operations
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.