EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries-EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems- EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what's possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
Hughes has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer. This position will be located at our headquarters in Germantown, MD. This group provides support to different Network Management Systems that control and manage multiple satellites on consumer satellite network. Network Management systems team monitors commissioning and provisioning processes, take care of production and operational aspect of Network Management Systems along with configuration of Gateway, devices and terminals.
* Ability to work independently. Deep understanding of concepts of Databases & Automation.
* Ability to understand and execute complex procedures & Multi step software upgrade processes.
* Develop test procedures, and configuration of software /features in the network for network management systems.
* Assist in configuration of devices & profiles, monitoring alarms, troubleshooting field escalations through on-call or change on-calls.
* Maintain & configure satellite networks through Network Management systems.
* Managing applications that are Web based, database driven with DNS stack.
* VMWare hosts management using, Vcenter, storage management using NetApp and other tools, Unix/Linux network features configuration and tuning.
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Computer Networks/Engineering or related field
* Ability to work change windows and on-call rotation
* 3 years of experience in networking protocols, such as TCP/IP, basic understanding of satellite networks.
* 2 years of experience on Oracle 12c, Python and Shell scripting.
* 2 years of experience using VMWare hosts management using, Vcenter, storage management using NetApp and other tools, Unix/Linux network features configuration and tuning.
* Familiarity with Web applications that are database driven with DNS stack.
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.
EchoStar is a provider of broadband satellite technologies and broadband Internet services.