Karma Automotive creates expressive and beautiful luxury cars that are environmentally conscious. We deliver them with personal attention to customers in the global marketplace. Our customers expect high levels of personalization and customization and we intend to deliver on that promise.
The Senior Systems Engineer, Diagnostics will report to Manager Systems Engineer, Diagnostics. Responsible for the overall design and support of the overall vehicle diagnostics. Defining the diagnostics architecture, diagnostic requirements and specifications. Interface with suppliers, and internal teams to ensure complete diagnostics coverage.
* Lead, and direct Diagnostics development for future Karma platforms.
* Ensure complete and accurate coverage of requirements in test cases
* Draft, review, and maintain requirements and specifications
* Champion continuous improvement efforts and defect reduction initiatives.
* Ensure forward and backward traceability for every requirement. Ensure accurate test case coverage for each requirement.
* Perform Process FMEA
* Guide supplier, internal teams in accurately documenting diagnostic relevant documents
* Provide project status updates on a frequent basis
* Manage problem resolution and tracking process. Provide feedback on status of tracked problems
* Proficient in HEV/EV Diagnostics development.
* · Bachelors in Systems Engineering/Engineering Management/Electrical Engineering/Automotive Engineering (Masters preferred)
* 5+ years in Automotive Diagnostics Architecture development.
* 3+ years in Vehicle Diagnostics
* Experience with Software Development is a major plus
* Experience with Software Validation and Verification is a major plus
* Experience in Automotive SPICE is a major plus
* Proven track record of high quality, robust systems architecture design and implementation
* Understands and has implemented Software QA within Agile Development Teams.
* Deep understanding of HEV/EVs
* Experienced with diagnostics communication protocols like UDS, DoIP, and DoCAN
* Experienced with Ethernet vehicle communication protocol. Familiar with CAN, LIN is a major plus.
* Has passion for delivering reliable products
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Excellent organizational skills
* High interpersonal skills. Be able to handle fast paced environment
* Be able to work independently, provide status updated to supervisor on a regular basis
* Strong organizational, and project management skills
* Ability to analyze complex problems and propose solutions
* Proficient with revision control/source control
* Keeps abreast with latest automotive diagnostic technologiesBe able to propose alternative solutions at any phase of vehicle development.
* Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as applicable.
ADVANTAGE FOR CONSIDERATION
* Automotive electronics development experience.
* Circuit design, simulation and analysis
NO 3rd Parties, Principals Only, Please
Come and join the great Karma Team, where you can make a career! Karma Automotive offers a complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD; paid vacation, holidays and personal days; and a 401K with matching contributions. Relocation assistance may be available.
Karma Automotive LLC is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, color, race, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, age, religion, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law. Karma Automotive LLC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a disability. Valid driver's license may be required based on essential duties.