Midland States Bancorp
The primary role of the IT Systems Engineer position at Midland States Bank (MSB) is to oversee MSBs IT infrastructure administration. The role provides rapid resolution of internal and external users technical problems, requests, and needs in an effort to increase the banks productivity and operating efficiency. Specifically, the position will manage IT infrastructure requirements such as server administration, hardware/software selection, procurement, and upgrades, software licensing, and ad hoc requirements such as backup the IT Help Desk.
* Responsible for design, implementation and support of server, storage and networking infrastructure to support national footprint
* Acts as expert for operations and infrastructure teams in the plan, design, and delivery of IT solutions
* Participates in proof of concepts to assist in defining technology direction and enabling business strategy
* Defines data retention, backup, and recovery methods and plans
* Responsible for impact analysis and design modifications to existing systems to support new solutions.
* May manage third party vendors or team members in development or support of IT systems
* Maintain processes and procedures
* Train, and serve as a backup to the IT Help Desk resources
* Complete IT-related projects as assigned and perform other IT duties as required.
* May be responsible for leading and/or managing one or more resources or employees.
* 10+ years' experience in a production IT environment managing enterprise IT infrastructure, hardware, hosting service and network areas.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent field experience.
* Ability to write architectural design documents or review design documents provided by others.
* Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and ability to apply trends to architectural needs.
* Proven experience and understanding of architecture principles across infrastructure platforms, security, data, integration and applications layers
* Must have a thorough knowledge of the Windows concepts, Domains, Active Directory and its concepts, and the interaction between hardware, operating systems, network, data center, and application software, Linux and Unix is a plus.
* Strong working knowledge of virtualization technologies
* Strong working knowledge of storage infrastructure
* Experience administering Microsoft Server 2008 -2016
* Experience administering Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2 - 2014
* Experience administering Exchange, Sharepoint, Office 365
* Experience administering various backup solutions including Commvault and various backup methodologies
* Strong working knowledge of Cisco and Citrix networking appliances
* Strong working knowledge of network topologies, protocols and services
* Appropriate certifications. (MCSE, MCITP, ITIL v3, A+, Net+)
* Building and Mending Relationships
* Selecting, Developing, Accepting People
* Participative Management
* Change Management
* Decisiveness with Insight
* Influencing and Leadership
* Leading with a Purpose
* Self-Management, Self-Insight, Self-Development
* Coping with Pressure and Adversity - Integrity
* Seeks and Uses Feedback
* Applies Learned Complex Concepts
Midland States Bancorp, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other applicable federal or state-protected classification.
About Midland States Bancorp
Midland States Bancorp, Inc. is a diversified financial holding company for Midland States Bank.