At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About The Role
In this role, you will act as a senior member of the Client Platform Engineering team that manages the global endpoint fleet at Uber. You will work as an SME on many key projects and initiatives partnering closely across product engineering and tech services. You will be responsible for hundreds of thousands of connected devices currently active in the wild. In addition you'll be partnering with core engineering teams to help scale and maintain our developer mobile device lab.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Manage, administrate and help scale our global fleet of MDM connected devices
* Write scripts/cookbooks to automate application distribution and management using internal tools
* Scale and maintain hundreds of mobile devices in our server rooms which serve as our developers device lab for performance and regression testing
* Work on Client Platform Engineering priority projects, operate as the Subject Matter Expert managing project requirements, scope and timelines.
* Help drive endpoint security model working closely with the security teams, and establish best practices in an enterprise environment
* Respond to and participate in resolution of endpoint security compromises, malware, vulnerabilities and zero-day attacks.
* Act as an escalation point between the support teams and other IT teams on issues relating to client platforms
* Design detailed monitoring and reporting dashboards for both, the infrastructure managing the endpoint fleet, as well as the endpoints.
* Mentor junior members on the IT and CPE team
* Create and maintain detailed documentation
* Ability to work closely with 3rd party vendors (software and hardware) clearly communicate our initiatives and create vendor specs while maintaining strong relationships with our vendor partners.
What You'll Need
* 5+ years of experience working with mobility and endpoint management software (Mobileiron, Airwatch, Puppet, and others)
* Expert level knowledge and experience with administering, deploying, and troubleshooting Apple hardware, Android hardware related software
* Experience with network connectivity (wireless, LAN/WAN routing)
* Proficient with one or more scripting languages (Python, Ruby etc)
* Knowledge of Networking technologies and security platforms is highly desired.
* Customer focused with good communications and interpersonal skills.
About the Team
Client Platform Engineering (CPE) is a core part of our infrastructure. CPE expands beyond a single platform and empowers devices to be deployed, not only for traditional IT use, but also for products deployed to our revenue facing business like Uber Eats and Uber Freight. This team is a diverse and dynamic group who are passionate about solving large scale problems with a mixture of 3rd party software and platforms combines with in-house built solutions.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.