S2 Global, an OSI Systems Company is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to work in it's Hawthorne, CA location.
S2 Global is the leading provider of security screening solutions and has extensive experience in program assessment, technology deployment, operation management, image analysis and maintenance services at major events, ports, land borders and air cargo facilities. Focused on Operations, Integration and Training, S2 Global's solutions ensure that customers have the advanced technologies and sophisticated techniques to significantly increase their screening capabilities.
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to design, implement, maintain, and support deployments of our CertScan platform. You will be part of a systems engineering team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available server and network architectures in an Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud environment that meet business objectives and SLAs.
* Design, build and maintain systems in a AWS cloud environment supporting the software solution deployed for the customers of S2 Global.
* Contribute in all phases of the development infrastructure lifecycle
* Create and maintain cloud formation scripts enabling the creation of full environments within the S2 cloud.
* Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
* Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
* Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
* Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
* Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
* Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company's security team
* Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
* Travel up to 50%
* Uphold the company's core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
* Demonstrate behavior consistent with the company's Code of Ethics and Conduct
* It is the responsibility of every employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem
* Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
* BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related subject
* 10+ years of proven hands-on systems engineering experience
* Proven work experience in Software as a Service (SaaS) environment
* Minimum of 5 years building and managing a AWS cloud environment
* Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
* Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
* Reasonable experience deploying a IT solution requiring cybersecurity frameworks
* Knowledge and experience in NIST 800-53, ISO27001, DHS 4300a or FedRamp
* Hands-on experience with monitoring, system diagnostic and analytics tools
* System administration certification in and Microsoft, Amazon Web Services, Unix / Linux and security related certifications desirable
This position includes an education verification as part of our background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is the Law
Poster Link: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.
About OSI Systems
OSI Systems is a company that provides electronic systems and components.