Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon World-Wide Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon World-Wide Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The Automatic Guided Vehicle (AGV) team at Amazon Robotics is a cross-discipline team that takes a system view on solution development and architecture for World-Wide AGV systems within Amazon Advanced Technologies. The team participates in the definition of high-level functional and non-functional requirements, analyzes technical trade-offs, decomposes the major components and subsystems, and helps define the interfaces, collaborations, and dependencies between them. In cooperation / partnership with the Solution and Product Management, Deployment, Software, Engineering, and other teams, the AGV team plays a critical role to align teams in a common technical direction toward a strategic vision and roadmap for Amazon Robotics AGV solution development.
Amazon WW-Robotics is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to support a dynamic team that is responsible for technical requirements for the overall architectural and engineering design of AGV systems and related industrial equipment.
* Participate in the planning, definition, and high-level design of a business problem and explore solution alternatives.
* Coordination of the complexities of the integrated systems of an AGV System (people, processes, racking, conveyor, wireless, safety, etc.)
* Analyze cost and performance of a solution and evaluate tradeoffs.
* Establish non-functional requirements (security, reliability, maintainability, usability, etc.) at the solution level
* Define subsystems and their interfaces; allocate responsibilities to subsystems; communicate requirements for interactions with solution context.
* Analyze system-level failure modes and effects (FMEA), and system-level hazards; assess technical risks and define mitigations.
* Foster and promote Quality processes throughout all stages of system development
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.