Search for more jobs
Senior Systems Engineer
* Job: 21273-BHAM
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Infrastructure and Architecture
The Systems Engineering team is responsible for the infrastructure of a highly automated facility that supports building, testing, and deployment of all MathWorks products. We design, develop and implement infrastructure that increases scalability and performance of the services that support our Development organization.
* Use your system level expertise to help evolve the scalability of our infrastructure platform: a highly automated build and test system with hundreds of servers and thousands of nodes
* Help design, implement, and support the company's development infrastructure (servers, storage, databases) with a focus on performance and fault tolerance
* Architect and evolve both the hardware and software aspects of the infrastructure. This includes High Availability systems, client-server protocol for Windows and UNIX systems, and virtualized systems
* Design, develop and maintain the base Operating System for the various OpenStorage solutions used to support Development at MathWorks
* Design and develop a secure architecture for our code repository infrastructure
* Design, develop, and implement authentication and authorization rules around access to our company's data
* Perform security threat modeling for our code repositories and company data to identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation strategies
* A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience) is required.
* Experience with programming and debugging scripting languages like Python/Perl, shell and bash etc.
* Experience with OpenStorage
* Experience working with ZFS and client-server protocol like SAMBA, NFS
* Experience in security engineering for storage systems
* Experience implementing communication security protocols along with authentication and authorization techniques
* Experience with server virtualization
* Experience with Windows, Mac, and Linux (Network Protocols, file systems, etc.)
* Exposure to developing and applying threat modeling and vulnerability identification
* Demonstrate strong debugging skills
* Thorough understanding of network storage systems
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.