Become part of a Best in Class organization!
Samsung's Wireless Networks team is the place to be. The role of the Wireless Networks Team is to support our carrier customers through innovative technology road map. The dynamic culture at Samsung offers both great challenge and great reward. If you want to work among the very best talent in the industry, working on the most innovative products in the world, Samsung is the place to be.
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a 5G Air interface and Call Processing Systems engineer to join our Wireless network team. You will be a key contributor as a subject matter expert in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems engineering, and product validation to introduce Samsung products to Wireless Carrier.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Responsible for development of product requirements, feature requirements, systems and performance analysis, conduct deep-dive customer sessions for 5G Air interface and Call Processing technologies.
* Analyzing the customer requirements, converting then into system requirements and capturing of detail design for the development team.
* Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new product & SW releases
* Perform detailed analysis of 5G Wireless Protocols
* Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting the issues
* Provides expert technical support in the pre-sales process and creates compelling technical and commercial solutions in order to help achieve the assigned sales goals and business objectives.
* Translates and communicates complex technical design considerations between the Samsung sales team and carriers' network business
* Educate our customers on Samsung's new products and services both individually and in a team environment.
* Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to plan.
* Works closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross- functional teams from SEA and Samsung HQ to achieve successful new product roll-outs and developments.
* Subject Matter Expert in driving the technical solutions to customer through complex organizational dynamics
* Leveraging your ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization as well as HQ partners on initiatives
Excellence Dealing with Ambiguity
* Bringing your experience in problem solving and ability to navigate complex organizations with pivotal shifts
Skills and Qualifications
* Good understanding on 5G concepts such as Hybrid Beamforming, Massive MIMO, New Waveforms, LTE-NR interworking & co-existence, 5G Numerologies etc .
* Experience with ongoing 3GPP Rel-15/16 activities is beneficial
* Experience with system engineering activities such as feature requirements identification, feature description documentation, parameter optimization, performance analysis, test strategy creation, problem troubleshooting is desirable
* Strong knowledge in 5G and 4G air interface and call processing technologies and network architecture specifically focused on Radio Access Network
* Good understanding of overall Wireless systems with emphasis on PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC and PDCP layers
* Experience with SW development is beneficial
* Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN networks
* Understanding of HW as well as SW architecture
* Undergraduate Degree in engineering with 12-15 years of directly related experience is required. A Masters with 12+ years' experience is preferred
* Bachelor's Degree is EE/CS is required
* Ability to travel sporadically during the project
Necessary Skills and attributes:
Demonstrated ability to interact at all levels within customer's organizations. The ability to negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer leadership, directors and managers with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations. The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple strategic programs and simultaneous performance objectives. The ability to write, read, interpret, explain and act based on a thorough understanding of technical documents, engineering materials and contracts or related documents. Ability to make professional sales and business presentations in writing, through email, reports, or orally, including complex business and technical matters to an audience of high technical skills, management and operational experience. Ability to support a cross-functional Samsung team to achieve customer contracted objectives and specific team goals within established time frames and requirements. Assist in and if needed direct the Samsung team in lab and field trials related to introduction of products sold to the customer.
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC's, printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area, as well as Samsung's wireless products being tested in customer's lab environment. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on customer requirements. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest and ethical responsibilities.
Samsung Electronics America provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.