How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Candidate shall be able to provide daily tracking of hardware and software license and maintenance
contracts; gathers quotes for hardware and software buys, Maintains a 40 to 80 tape library by interfacing with other government organizations. Have responsibility for the administration of a medium size Windows based network segment.
Candidate shall have a minimum of sixteen (16) years of experience, to include:
* Minimum of 2 yrs. experience in virtualization architecture and design;
* Leading small Sys Admin teams & managing work assignments;
* Managing a large, complex server environment;
* Security testing and risk mitigation;
* Excellent oral and written communication skills;
* Building Linux server baselines;
* Building Linux workstation baselines;
* Hardening Linux server installations;
* Sun server hardware
* Writing UNIX/LINUX shell scripts;
* Patching UNIX/LINUX servers;
* Architecting, deploying, and managing large Unix/Linux networked environments including deployment
and management of NIS(+), LDAP, DNS, and NFS;
* Proven experience creating, implementing, and maintaining scripts for process automation, infrastructure
monitoring, and proactive reporting;
* Proven experience in all aspects of managing large Unix/Linux environment including the use of
* configuration management tools like Puppet and Chef for centralized management and configuration of
systems to enforce security controls
* Knowledge and understanding of information security principles including Operating System hardening
* techniques; Ability to utilize analysis tools to resolve complex network, systems, and application
* performance problems; Experience working with server hardware in a datacenter;
* Experience with monitoring and configuration management tools including Puppet, Chef, and Nagios;
* Ability to provide explanations of complex technical procedures and processes clearly and accurately to
both technical and non-technical audiences; Written and verbal communication skills; Troubleshooting skills.
Current Clearance - TS/SCI with Positive Customer Polygraph
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with Poly - Current
Communications & Corporate Affairs
Computer/Management Information Systems
Network Communications Research
Type Of Job
VA - McLean
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.