Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
The Agilent Genomics group is an established leader in providing robust reagents and analysis solutions to the next-generation sequencing (NGS) market. Our team remains committed to offering our NGS customers cutting-edge products and workflow solutions through our continued development efforts. We are looking for new team members excited to join our cross-functional program focused on expanding Agilent NGS capabilities. This is your opportunity to actively contribute in a fast-paced environment that encourages learning and expertise in this high-growth industry.
The Sr. Systems Engineer designs a complete and complex framework, system or product. Defines processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility. Conceives system interfaces and business application prototypes. Identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses. Influences the shaping of future products by contributing to the framework (architecture) used across multiple products or systems. Provides multi-layered technical expertise for next generation initiatives.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides leadership in employing an interdisciplinary approach and applies the elements of systems engineering discipline to enable the realization of successful systems.
* Integrates/modifies technical requirements within program constraints to develop high level system solutions.
* Analyzes requirements. Identifies concepts, architectural solutions, and system design to meet program needs (technical, schedule, budget, product cost).
* Identifies use-cases, hazards, and develops mitigations.
* Derives subsystem requirements linked to systems requirements.
* Develops verification plans and trace matrices. Executes and/or drives the verification plans.
* Directs and controls the integration of hardware and software, and verifies the operation of subsystems and systems by developing and executing appropriate tests and analyses.
* Leads efforts on evaluation of system performance with respect to requirements and organizes reviews that form the basis of phase gate deliverables for the PRP phases.
* Leads cross functional efforts to identify root cause and develops system level solutions for a wide variety of product and systems challenges.
* Models the life and reliability of systems/ products against requirements at each PRP phase.
* Provides systems engineering support to develop and evaluate the production specification.
* Provides mentorship to lower level engineers
* Communicates with multiple other functions (Quality, Marketing, R&D, etc) in multiple sites
* Able to logically employ Functional Decomposition for purposes of simplifying development, reducing verification requirements, and increasing overall quality while reducing development time.
* Able to produce development phase gate deliverables that identify risks, capture additional requirements to implement mitigations, and provide appropriate verifications to reduce risks to an acceptable level for the product market.
* Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; accepts and applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
* Communication - Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; responds promptly to questions and requests from other team members
* Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; shares expertise with others. Balances team and individual responsibilities
* Ethics --Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values
* Bachelor's degree and 8+ years relevant experience; Master's degree and 6+ years' relevant experience, or PhD and 4+ year's relevant experience, or the equivalent combination of education/experience.
* Experience/expertise in one of the following: Physics/ Optics, Electrical/ Electronic Development, Fluidic systems, Mechanical Design, Heat Transfer and Analysis, Systems Modeling and Analysis, Software Development and Implementation.
* Experience with Risk Assessment including ISO 14971 risk management for Medical Devices
* Skillful with simulation and modeling as methodology to confirm design requirements and evaluate design solutions.
* Knowledge and understanding of Hardware and Software systems and recognizes the importance of interface and data architecture to overall system performance, reliability, extensibility, and maintenance costs.
* Experience utilizing root-cause analyses and problem solving tools (FMEA, fishbone diagrams, IS-ISNOT charts, Kepner-Tregoe problem solving, 8D problem solving, and decision making tools, etc.)
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 email firstname.lastname@example.org opens an email client application. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.
https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf opens a pdf file,
Agilent Technologies is a company providing analytical instruments, software, services, and consumables for the entire laboratory workflow.