Requisition Number: 154157
Position Title: Senior Systems Engineer / Lead
We are EA:
And we make games - how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe 24/7 with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games and delivering a flawless player experience is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, resourceful and passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
Modern video games rely on many different services behind the scenes. From matchmaking, marketplace, and social features to anti-cheat detection, leaderboards, and server-side physics calculations. This ever-changing and ever-growing ecosystem exposes new operational challenges with every new game launch.
The Senior Systems Engineer works as part of a team responsible for the design of the system architecture, server infrastructure management, and advanced technical support. He/She also provides technical leadership required to effectively deliver high-quality, timely IT solutions and services that meet EA's business needs.
The role is a part of a high performing team in a fast-paced organization, requiring partner and business focus. As well as demonstrated skills tied to leadership, people, communication, analytics and adaptability.
What a Senior Systems Engineer does at EA:
* Provides effective solutions to the most difficult operations engineering problems
* Long term thinking with respect to major design and technology choices
* Operate with complex reporting relationships to reconcile competing priorities and achieve business unit objectives
* Communicates at an expert level via documentation and verbally with both peers and partners
* Collaborates with architects across functions to help set architectural direction for delivering highly reliable, scalable, and operable solutions
* Partners with development teams, DBAs and QA in a DevOps model of agile development process
* Demonstrates entrepreneurial perspective in the ideation and implementation of products and services to accelerate growth
* Transforms business ideas into implementable technology solutions, considering build, buy and partnering alternatives
* Make decisions which may have a broad impact and influence the organizational direction
* Rapidly adapt to new and changing situations to quickly solve problems and find new directions
* Drives continuous improvement through change management procedures - designing, definition of roadmaps, standardization of processes and methodologies
* Periodic rotational 24 hours on call support
The next great EA Senior Systems Engineer needs:
* Experience designing highly available solutions at scale with security and performance
* Experience with automation and configuration management tools (Preferred: Chef and/or Puppet)
* Experience with public cloud services and deployment (Preferred: AWS, GCP, or Azure experience)
* Strong development experience in programming/scripting languages (Preferred: Go, Python, and/or Ruby)
* Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and experience with source code management tools
* Strong ability to troubleshoot complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces
* Strong hands-on experience in building and maintaining infrastructure for micro services
* Experience with Continuous Integration, continuous delivery/deployment tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, or similar
* Strong knowledge of UNIX
* Experience integrating Open Source tools and software
* Experience with TCP/IP, routing, VLANS, AWS Direct Connect, VPN and other networking concepts
* Experience with VMWare, Vagrant, Docker, or Rocket is a definite plus
* Experience with monitoring tools like NewRelic, Zabbix, Nagios or similar
* Excellent DNS, LDAP, syslog and network service experience
* Ability to identify and resolve performance bottlenecks in highly complex systems and drive performance optimizations
* Working knowledge of enterprise storage technologies and protocols such as NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, Software Defined Storage, Object Storage
* OBSESSIVE desire to automate and improve everything including process improvements, standardizing tools and technologies!
Required Soft Skills:
* Complete ownership and managing the life cycle of end-to-end solutions
* Peer and partner relationship focused
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
* Ability to learn new skills/technologies quickly and independently
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Independent problem-solving skills
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the "work hard/play hard" credo every day.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Systems/DevOps Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-12-19 17:29:43.367
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts is a company that develops, markets, publishes, and distributes games, content, and services for game consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets.