At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers' expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers' financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Wells Fargo Wholesale Technology is hiring a Senior Systems Architect (Systems Architect 6) that will provide application architecture for a suite of applications that support our Capital Markets business. The selected Architect will participate in the design and development application architecture for investment banking applications and act as a technical expert on the design and development of highly complex, large-scale Internet and Intranet applications on Linux/Cloud platform, crossing multiple business lines.
The ideal candidate will use knowledge of web technologies, including Java, Java Script, HTML, XML applications, database modeling tools and/or database interactions as well as knowledge of UML to capture current and target architecture. This individual will evaluate systems specifications for client area web site requirements and determines and implements the most efficient and cost-effective software/package solution and will perform research and tracking of new web technologies, application development, and performs business requirements analysis as they pertain to related systems.
The position includes the following responsibilities:
Project Architecture - Responsible for working on high architectural impact projects in capital market area
* Work with capital market business teams to analyze project requirements as a foundation for architecture designs
* Produce project architecture designs encapsulated in Systems Architecture Specification documents using industry standard modeling languages and practices
* Manage designs for multiple projects concurrently throughout the project life cycle
* Perform software platform design analysis for capital market applications
* Produce platform analysis reports for senior management review
New Platform Design/Development
* Assist in the development of proof of concept prototypes to evaluate evolving products and technologies
* Participate in the definition of future technology architecture and strategy
* Stay abreast of emerging technologies and capabilities in order to prepare and respond to customer needs and expectations.
* Perform in depth consultation to senior management to ensure applications adhere to established Wells Fargo standards, policies, methodologies and industry best practices
* 10+ years of information technology systems design and planning experience; in systems, applications, or architecture
* 2+ years of experience with software architecture design principles and designing software solutions
* Extensive technical skills and comprehensive knowledge and understanding of an entire line of business or infrastructure sub-domain
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
* Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
* 4+ years of web design and development experience
* UML (Unified Modeling Language) experience
* Knowledge and understanding of application development, infrastructure, and architecture environments
* Knowledge and understanding of applications: architecture, design, business functions, interfaces, dependencies, processing windows, volumes
* Strong design skills within a software architecture design tool
* Ability to influence and build relationships with LOB stakeholders, technology CIO leadership, external service providers, and architecture teams
* Ability to manage initiatives related to the following: architecture roadmap that aligns with business strategy and the broader architecture community; hardware and capacity planning, consolidation and rationalization; related emerging technology assessment and incubation
* SOA (Services Oriented Architecture) experience
* A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
Other Desired Qualifications
* 4+ years of capital markets experience (Investment Banking, Wealth and/or Asset Management)
* Ability to provide non-functional requirements to applications and projects
* Ability to provide security requirements to applications and projects
* Review security designs for applications
* Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is a banking and financial services holding company.