Position Description Benefits Supplemental Questions
The Seattle City Employees' Retirement System (SCERS) provides pension benefits administration to City of Seattle employees, retirees, and their beneficiaries. There are approximately 12,000 active employee members and 6,500 retired employee members who participate in the plan. SCERS stewards just over $2.9 billion in assets as of the latest reporting period.
SCERS's Information Technology (IT) team is responsible for the planning, implementation, maintenance and operations of departmental business applications used by SCERS and its members. SCERS IT is an innovative, service-oriented team that works closely with SCERS's leadership and staff to ensure technology supports the advancement of SCERS's mission and business objectives.
SCERS recently implemented a new Pension Administration System (PAS) to support the full pension benefits cycle from member enrollment and contributions through full pension benefit payment. Built on Vitech V3 Version 10 software, the system interfaces with the City of Seattle's human resources/payroll system and SCERS's financial institution.
We are seeking a collaborative, flexible, and personable professional who thrives in a small team environment for the position of Senior Systems Analyst. This position will support the administration, enhancement, and maintenance of the SCERS's Pension Administration System, Electronic Content Management (ECM), Kofax, SharePoint, and other department applications. The successful candidate is expected to develop in-depth, hands-on expertise with V3, understand SCERS's business processes, perform data analysis and complex problem-solving, provide end-user support, analyze new software solutions, and manage small projects.
This position reports to SCERS's IT Manager.
Candidates must submit the following information to be considered for this position:
* Completed on-line application.
* Cover letter.
* Reference information to include reference name, position, company, and contact information (both email and phone number).
* Administer, maintain and enhance SCERS's Pension Administration System (PAS) including configuring system queries, workflows, documents, and business rules and security, and performing system audits. Collaborate with developers and vendors on solution development and review vendor deliverables.
* Participate in the planning and testing of periodic maintenance releases and system upgrades.
* Perform advanced data analysis and generate ad hoc queries and reports to support business operations.
* Provide end-user support, documentation and training for systems used by SCERS and assist operations with developing new business processes and procedures.
* Guide business users through the software development lifecycle including business requirements development, prototyping, and user-acceptance testing.
* Develop system documentation such as function and technical specifications, data, process and architecture diagrams, and detailed procedures.
* Serve as a department focal point with the City's IT department for Citywide enterprise applications and projects, and to coordinate code deployment and production schedules.
* Troubleshoot and report issues, coordinate users, vendors and staff from other City departments to triage and achieve resolution.
* Perform research and options analysis and recommend new technology solutions to address SCERS's business needs.
* Independently plan and manage small projects.
* Perform other related duties of a comparable level/type as assigned.
Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: A Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Systems (i.e.. informatics) or a closely related field (or an equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the ability to perform the work required).
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
* Three years' experience as a systems analyst.
* Strong data analysis and critical thinking skills with attention to detail.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Proficient knowledge of SQL.
* Experienced in developing business requirements and functional specifications.
* Experienced in a formal testing methodology including test plan and test script development.
* Five years' experience as a systems analyst, developer, or business analyst for a line of business application.
* Experience with Vitech V3, Kofax, SharePoint, ECM/imaging, pension administration, EV5 or other HR/payroll software, financial institution, accounting or member self-service applications.
* Advanced SQL skills.
* Experience with Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse applications.
* Experience with PL/SQL, Oracle, Java, HTML, Jira, and Visual Studio Team Services.
* Experience with vendor management and incident resolution in a vendor hosted environment.
* Intermediate skills in SharePoint, Word, Access, and Excel.
* Working knowledge of PowerShell scripting, Windows Manager, and SFTP software.
Additional Information: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Work is performed in a small City office environment, and involves an often-heavy workload, pressure of deadlines, and frequent interruptions. The position will need to have a flexible working schedule to work outside of normal business hours to support operational responsibilities, i.e.., systems maintenance that must be performed after business hours.
The hiring process involves a background check of conviction and arrest records in compliance with Seattle's Fair Chance Employment Ordinance, SMC 14.17. Applicants will be provided an opportunity to explain or correct background information.
This position is open to all candidates who meet the minimum qualifications. The Seattle City Employees' Retirement System (SCERS) values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. SCERS encourages people of all background to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with diverse life experience.