Amazon is a fast paced, dynamic, high-tech company based in Seattle. Amazon's finance team is searching for bar-raising financial accounting professionals who consistently exceed expectations, who thrive in a challenging workplace, and who can actively contribute to our talented team. The global accounting organization supports our financial reporting, internal control, intercompany, and transfer pricing activities and also supports new business launches globally for Amazon in the consumer products, digital initiatives, merchant, operations, logistics, payments, and cloud computing lines of business.
This position, Senior Systems Analyst - Intercompany, will be responsible for the support and delivery of key updates to the intercompany subledger and system. You will identify, design, and deploy technology and process solutions that enable strategic initiatives and operational improvements. Additional responsibilities include ensuring application controls are designed and operating effectively to support our internal controls during month end close and the settlements cycles.
This role requires proficiency in the analysis of system requirements, solution design and ongoing maintenance. In addition to delivering new technology and enhancing/supporting existing systems, the Manager will be expected to contribute relevant technical, functional, and process expertise, while negotiating and driving alignment for all financial systems projects and initiatives which impact our accounting close.
We are currently looking for individual contributor candidates who have held similar positions in large public companies or who have held functional lead level positions with a consulting firm. Successful candidates for this position will have the equivalent of 7+ years of professional experience with financial reporting systems and process implementation/improvement.
Job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* Managing the processing of settlements through Virtual Trader (VT)
* Assisting with the intercompany settlement and month-end close processes
* Helping the intercompany team identify process improvements and helping to drive change
* Leading the intercompany team to find ways to pull data in quicker, more efficient ways
* Coordinating Accounting, Transfer Pricing, and Tax requirements for ongoing system improvements
* Working closely with tech partners and vendors to drive and implement system updates
* Development of SOPs and/or training materials
* Assisting with ad hoc projects, audit requests, and other intercompany items as required.
* Demonstrated experience in providing leadership information they can use to make strategic decisions
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.