Job TitleSenior Systems Administrator
* BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
* 5-10 years system administration experience.
Special Skills & Knowledge
* Sound technical understanding of Microsoft Server Operating Systems
* Understanding of VMware ESX architectural concepts and administration tasks
* Experience with SAN/NAS (EMC)
* Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server
* Office 365, Exchange/SharePoint Online competency.
* Understanding of Microsoft services such as IIS, DHCP, AD, GPO, PowerShell and DNS.
* Experience with cloud services such as AWS and Azure.
* Knowledge of Linux and cloud automation would be a plus.
* Good understanding of general business operations and needs.
* Excellent inter-personal skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Problem solving and analytical capabilities.
* Ability to execute assigned tasks swiftly, efficiently, and qualitative
* Become a trusted resource to the management team.
* Identify needs, propose solutions, and resolve problems.
* Proactive approach to solving technical, process and business relationships
* Install, configure, update, patch and troubleshoot various physical and virtualized operating systems
* Contribute to and maintain system standards
* Quickly learn new technologies to professional level skill
* Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment
* Assist with configuration/implementation of cloud based services.
* Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
* Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
About Perkinelmer, Inc.
PerkinElmer is a company focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment.