Crane Aerospace & Electronics is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator in Lynnwood, WA to support our worldwide *NIX infrastructure in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to operating systems, applications, server hardware, virtual infrastructure, antivirus and security, backup and recovery, storage, and storage area networking. This position will support HP-UX and Linux operating systems, build standards, operating system patching, monitoring, alerting, security, patching, and automation. This position will work closely with the Application and Oracle teams to implement business objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Take the lead and be the go-to for all things Unix/Linux
* Responsible for ensuring uptime of critical business systems and infrastructure through monitoring and timely remediation of critical infrastructure issues
* Preserves data assets by supporting disaster recovery and back-up procedures
* Supports information technology strategies, policies, and procedures
* Identifies issues, evaluates trends, and anticipates requirements
* Ensures adherence to all regulatory compliance processes and requirements, including but not limited to Sarbanes-Oxley, DFARS, ITAR and like regulations
* Responsible for performing routine operating system and application patching and remediation any security vulnerabilities in a timely manner
* Responsible for supporting the monitoring, alerting and automation infrastructure for critical business systems and infrastructure
* Identify paths for migration from legacy platforms to more modern platforms; perform migrations in support of strategic plans
* Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing infrastructure technologies
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
* Any other task assigned by supervisor or management
* Six (6) or more years of experience as a Systems Administrator in a medium to high volume environment
* Experience in managing an enterprise physical and virtual infrastructure (VMware, Nutanix AHV) and HP Blade Systems
* Experience administering enterprise Unix and Linux server environments running various applications, configuration, deployment, and upgrades
* Advanced knowledge and understanding of Unix and Linux operating systems, performance monitoring, troubleshooting, and networking technologies
* Understanding of batch scheduling tools
* Knowledge of Oracle EBS and Oracle databases a plus
* Strong problem solving
* Ability to complete job requirements within time constraints
* Ability to train new employees to support systems as required
* Ability to work effectively in an individual or team environment
* Must be self-motivated and directed
* BS degree in computer-oriented technical discipline or equivalent experience
* Experience with IAAS, PAAS cloud services (Azure)
* Redhat Certification
* Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment
* Manufacturing operations may require the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to: eye safety glasses, gowning, masks, hearing protectors, heel/wrist straps and any other required PPE
* May be exposed to unusual environmental conditions such as loud noises, cold temperatures, confined spaces, dust or fumes
* Must be flexible to work overtime and weekends as needed
Crane Aerospace & Electronics supplies critical systems and components to the aerospace and defense markets. You'll find Crane Aerospace & Electronics in some of the toughest environments: from engines to landing gear; from satellites to medical implants and from missiles to unmanned aerial systems (UAS).
We are committed to operational excellence and world-class processes. We employ Lean manufacturing techniques to optimize manufacturing efficiency and accuracy on all product lines. Our products are known for their technical strength, proven reliability and overall value.
Crane Aerospace & Electronics offers competitive salaries and outstanding opportunities for career growth and development.
In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace, Crane Aerospace & Electronics requires that candidates complete a satisfactory background check and pass a drug screen prior to employment. FAA sensitive positions require employees to participate in a random drug test pool.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity characteristics or expression, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, or U.S. military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law, in recruiting, hiring, training and promoting.