Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of complex software programs to enhance an operating system. Provides functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of hardware and software operating systems for the organization's products. Responsible for the instruction, assigning, and overseeing the performance of less experienced software systems engineers. Coordinates the activities of the software engineering department with other sections of the corporation's information systems operation. May train and supervise subordinate systems engineers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At ManTech International Corporation, you'll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Work with a dynamic team comprised of Tier 1 & 2 Network Engineers and Systems Administrators
* Support networking monitoring operations across the Cyber Security Ranges and Internet Boundaries
* Support helpdesk operations
* Support service requests and route to appropriate team for action
* Coordinate with the Architecture and Engineering teams conduct installations of hardware and software
* Identify and diagnose problems affecting network performance
* Interface with customers to collect requirements
* Mentor and provide guidance to other Systems Administrators
* Provide recommendations to enhance and improve network performance
* Troubleshoot hardware and software systems as needed
* Interface with vendors to address problem escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance
* Maintain a complex range of computer components and systems.
* Provides client consulting and training on the interfacing and use of the facilities.
* Assist in the planning and coordination of major computer network initiatives.
* Conduct and oversee maintenance activities
* Utilizes monitoring, performance analysis, network management, software and hardware equipment to trouble shoot and isolate problems, gauge network performance, and trace data and protocol activity.
* Assist in devising solutions to complex operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment.
* Executes contingency plans for network software and hardware failures including isolated and major outages.
* Requires Bachelors degree (in IT or Computer Science, or related technical field), and 6-8 years of related experience or equivalent.
* MCSA or MCSE Certification
* Security + Certification
* Experience with MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio
Proficiency and knowledge with the following technologies:
o Windows (XP, 7, 8, 10)
o Windows Server (2008, 2012, 2016)
o VMware 6.x
o Active Directory
o NFS/SAN Storage
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.
About ManTech International
ManTech International Corporation provides technologies, consulting services and solutions for mission-critical national security programs.