Company SummaryJoin our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. As a member of the First American family of companies, First American Property and Casualty specializes in four major types of insurance: Homeowners, Dwelling Fire, Condominium, Renter's and Flood. We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.FAPCIG.com.
The Sr. System Administrator role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The Senior Systems Administrator will apply proven communication, team leadership, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
* Provide technical expertise towards the installation, maintenance, security, configuration and troubleshooting of hardware and software for the IT infrastructure which includes development, production and disaster recovery environments.
* Evaluate, recommend, and execute new technologies and update existing infrastructure to ensure optimal network performance.
* Write and maintain technical implementation documentation on existing services and systems.
* Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
* Lead and develop new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability.
* Provide higher tier support to Desktop Support staff.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
* 3+ years over all design and administrative experience with Microsoft Windows Server and VMware vSphere environments.
* 5+ years' experience with Microsoft SQL server including SSRS, SSIS & SSAS. Must have strong understanding of architecture, normalization, triggers, and solid proficiency towards writing queries and stored procedures. Must also be able to troubleshoot using tools such as SQL Profiler.
* 3+ years' experience with Microsoft Windows Server with focus on Active Directory, DNS, IIS, File and Storage Services, and PowerShell scripting.
* 3+ years' experience with VMware vSphere with a fundamental understanding of Storage Array Networks (SAN), ESXi, SRM and PowerCLI scripting.
* 1+ years' experience with Powershell and PowerCLI scripting towards the automation, testing and monitoring of all networked systems.
* 1+ years' experience with the design and building of networks, including LAN/WAN expertise, firewall configuration, DNS, TCP/IP, switching and routing, and VPNs. Must also be able to troubleshoot using tools such as Wireshark.
* 1+ years' experience leading teams and projects
* 1+ years' experience with support/helpdesk systems with heavy emphasis on ITIL methodologies, and change management.
* 1+ years' experience with telephony support, including experience with call center operations. Must have experience with enterprise grade voice systems, preferably ShoreTel ECC.
* Outstanding and proven communication at all levels within an organization, project management, and organizational skills required.
* Certifications strongly preferred: MCSE, CCNA, and VCP
* Knowledge/Understanding of cloud technologies (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure)
* Knowledge/Understanding of DevOps (e.g. CI Pipeline)
* 1+ years' experience with the IBM iSeries (AS400).
* 1+ years' experience with Microsoft SharePoint.
* 1+ years' experience with Apache Tomcat.
* 1+ years' experience with SOX & PCI compliance.
* 1+ years' experience in Property & Casualty Insurance industry.
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
About First American
First American Title Insurance Company facilitates and streamlines real estate transactions by providing comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services.