Senior Systems Administrator
Located in Dulles, Virginia, Unanet is a terrific company, with 'A' performers in a close-knit team who have built a fantastic product that is trusted by over 1,000 customers.
Unanet's software (Cloud or On-Premise) helps project-driven organizations reliably plan, track and manage projects, people, and financials. Unanet provides budgeting & planning, resource scheduling & skills management, timesheets, expense reports, billing & revenue recognition, workforce collaboration, real-time project reporting, analytics, and management dashboards, along with GL, AP, AR, Cost Pools, Income Statement, Balance Sheet, etc. Further, all Unanet software development and support is based in the United States.
At Unanet you will work collaboratively with colleagues who commit to the key goal of achieving customers' expected outcomes, have pride and passion in their work ethic, can depend on each other to make things happen, respect opinions and like to work hard, succeed, and have fun. We are proud to offer a competitive salary, health and life insurance benefits, and the potential for bonus and profit-sharing. All of which contributed to Unanet's 2016, 2017 and 2018 Top Workplaces award honored by The Washington Post!
We are seeking a candidate to fill the position of Senior Systems Administrator. The Senior Systems Administrator will be expected to quickly acclimate to the dynamic environment and will be able to address server and network tasks within the organization. The position will also require assisting customers with on-premise installation, upgrade, and troubleshooting of Unanet software. The successful candidate must possess a positive attitude and be comfortable functioning in a multi-tasking environment.
This position is based out of our Dulles, VA office and will report to the Director of Systems Operations.
Applicants must be authorized for non-sponsored employment in the U.S.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
* Responding to customer requests for on-premise Unanet Software installation, upgrade, and troubleshooting.
* Documenting all customer interactions
* Troubleshooting network issues, email configuration, software installations, and SAML authentication issues both within the organization and for on-premise installed customers
* Assisting with the maintenance, monitoring, and upgrade of the internal network, servers, and other IT equipment
* Managing, monitoring and maintaining key software within the organization including endpoint protection, backup, and health monitoring software
* Managing and maintaining virtual servers within our AWS environment
* Providing overflow assistance to junior desktop support staff in troubleshooting user IT issues
* Assisting with development, documentation, and implementation of systems administration and security best practices
* Using a ticketing system to manage incoming support requests
* Additional duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications include;
* Minimum 5 years of systems administration experience
* Strong network experience with Active Directory, email/office365, SAML, network elements
* Experience with software installation on both Windows and Linux servers
* Flexible availability to schedule evening and weekend installations, maintenance, and to provide support
* Familiarity with IT security management
* Experience creating and managing virtual systems in the AWS environment
* Experience managing Microsoft Hyper-V clusters and virtual machines
* Strong interpersonal and team skills
* Desire to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* High level of initiative to work alone or part of a team
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related sciences
Unanet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws.