Ropes & Gray
The Senior Systems Administrator will be the primary technical member of the project team working on the upgrade/conversion of the current accounting system (Elite Enterprise) to the next generation system (Elite 3E) and will be the primary administrator on that system once fully implemented.
The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for technical administration of the firm's accounting systems. The Senior System Administrator manages application servers, databases, integration points, data interfaces and transmissions, reporting, back-end scripting and queries, performance/stability, and system security. The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for the analysis and resolution of problems related to data, software, servers, and usage, installation and maintenance of system software, including upgrades and patches, monitoring of system performance and maintaining system security. The position requires extensive interaction with Finance and other departments.
* Serve as the primary IT resource on the Elite 3E implementation project team.
* Day-to-day administration and support of the Firm's accounting system (Elite \ Elite 3E.) in production and multiple pre-production environments.
* Work closely with the Financial Systems team and project teams to deliver strategic projects related to the firm's financial systems.
* Track and optimize system performance and storage utilization, plan ahead for necessary hardware or software upgrades to support system growth.
* Track applications against vendor roadmap, manage support incidents with vendor and implement patches/upgrades.
* Team with the Networks group to oversee the operation of servers and storage dedicated to systems described above, including hardware and software installation, upgrades, service packs and patches, system monitoring and job scheduling.
* Participate in DR planning and testing for financial systems.
* Complete knowledge transfer to ensure depth of coverage, thorough documentation of systems and shared understanding of systems by administrators, Financial Systems, User Support teams and end users.
* Ability to relate to non-technical users in user-friendly language
* Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives or activities, and effectively make judgments in prioritizing and time allocation in a high-pressure environment
* Ability to gauge one's strengths and limitations
* Ability to deal with changes and adapt to a changing environment
* Must demonstrate the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of the firm's internal and personnel affairs
* Ability to work well with others, harness different skills and experience, and build a strong sense of team spirit
* Highly self motivated and directed
* Ability to work in a multi-office environment and willingness to travel to other offices as required
* Ability to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Experience administering Elite 3E (preferred) and Elite Enterprise.
* Experience working on a large-scale financial system conversion and/or upgrade project.
* Strong understanding of law firm financial processes including time entry, billing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, collections, general ledger, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, month and year-end closings
* Experience administering Windows Server, fluent understanding of Windows Server operating system and administrative tools.
* Fluency in the Elite Enterprise and Elite 3E SQL database schema strongly desired.
* Experience administering additional financial systems and modules including IntApp Time, Chrome River Invoice and A/P, Design Gallery, Paperless Proforma, strongly desired.
* Understanding of law firm business processes such as client/matter intake, ethical walls, alternative fee arrangements, etc. strongly desired.
* Experience with clustering and load balancing strongly desired.
* Experience with web server/web site administration and Microsoft IIS strongly desired.
* Experience with BizTalk a strong plus.
* Experience with Elite 3E IDE a strong plus.
* Knowledge of SQL and TSQL.
* Knowledge of Powershell.
* Understanding of a global/multi-office network environment.
* Application installation and configuration experience.
* Superior organizational skills, bias for action and strong initiative.
* Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies and issue resolution techniques.
* Excellent technical writing and documentation skills.
* Outstanding listening skills and written and oral communication skills, including effective presentation skills.
* Normal office environment.Incumbent is expected to work the hours necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
* The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job.It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
* Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
About Ropes & Gray
Ropes and Gray is an international law firm offering a diverse range of consultancy services for legal and business needs.