Partners Data Systems
Barracuda MSP is one of the leading and fastest growing providers of cloud backup and recovery to partner resellers and managed service providers. We have been growing at a record pace and joined Barracuda Networks in October 2015 as a wholly-owned subsidiary, allowing us to rapidly expand our ECHO platform to include a comprehensive suite of backup and disaster recovery products aimed squarely at the MSP channel.
We are looking for a seasoned Senior Systems Engineer to join our Operations team in Chelmsford, MA who will support the Intronis Cloud Backup and Recovery product that protects many petabytes of customer data.
As a Senior Systems Engineer at Barracuda, you will be primarily involved in solving problems and improving efficiency in our operations. You'll work closely with Engineering teams to ensure reliability, scalability, efficiency, and performance of services in our cloud environments. You will have the opportunity to create tools, troubleshoot production services running on Linux operating systems and ensure that products are deployed in a repeatable, uniform fashion.
* Solve problems with code-automate solutions to common problems, design tools, integrate platforms with available APIs (both public and internal)
* Troubleshoot issues across the entire technology stack-hardware, operating system, application, and network
* Design robust, scalable systems in a primarily-Linux infrastructure
* Handle deployment of systems with configuration management tools such as Chef to ensure uniformity across our cloud
* Ensure appropriate monitoring and instrumentation exists for products so Operations and Engineering can properly troubleshoot problems and anticipate growth
* Promote service reliability and uptime of Barracuda Cloud services
* Participate in code and design reviews for new and current technologies
* Participate in on-call rotation
* 3+ years experience running Linux systems in a production environment, RedHat/CentOS is preferred; proficiency in Linux/Unix command line
* 1+ year experience with programming languages such as (but not limited to): Ruby, Python, or PHP
* 1+ year experience with configuration management systems such as Chef, CFEngine, etc.
* Experience with service monitoring and alerting using tools such as Nagios, etc.
* Understanding of IP subnetting, layer 2 vs layer 3 networks, VLANs, trunking, routing
* Understanding of operational principles, such as capacity planning, monitoring, and incident handling
* Experience with relational and/or document-oriented database administration, replication, and performance troubleshooting is a plus
* Experience with public cloud services, such as AWS, is a plus
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering and 3+ years of job experience, or equivalent
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.