The AT&T Entertainment Group Tooling Development team within the Entertainment Operations organization, are looking for a strong programming developer for applications support and automation integration between multiple environments with the end goal to improve Operational Efficiency and Effectiveness.Our team strives to bring new tools, features, and innovations to the OTT video platform. These tasks will include (but not limited to) API development, automation script development (Python, scripting technologies in general), and data Monitoring and Control system.
In this role, you'll be developing revolutionized applications with a team goal of streamlining business operations and improving the overall user experience by leveraging modern architectures, new services patterns, and exciting technologies to ensure we are meeting our customers' expectations for performance, availability, and features
Required Qualifications -
* Deep knowledge on API design/development, Web Services design/development (REST, SOA, etc.)
* Proficient in internet technologies/programming (WSDLS, HTML, DHTML, XHML, XML, .NET, Active X, SSL, HTTP, WebLogic, WebSphere, etc.).
* Application Development, DevOps automation, and the development toolchain (e.g. Jenkins, Junit, automated test tools)
* Experience with and understanding of AWS architecture and services, including EC2, S3, RDS and NoSQL DBs, CloudWatch
* Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
* Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
* Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
* Ensure availability of appropriate metrics and monitoring with engineering focus on performance, resiliency & reliability
* Proficient in Development Methodologies (AGILE, Scrum, etc.).
* Passionate about delivering high-quality well-designed software
Desired Qualifications -
* 3 - 5 years of AWS / DevOps experience is desired
* Experience / Involvement with Splunk, Tableau is a plus, but not required
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or any science related BA degree
* 10 + years of experience in developing software applications including: analysis, design, coding, testing, deploying and support of applications
Job ID 1917121 Date posted 06/17/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.