The Sr. Support Technician provisions and maintains end user computing devices (e.g. desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile phones, and peripheral devices such as printers, scanners, fax and copy equipment). The Sr. Support Technician installs and troubleshoots hardware, software, and network problems, escalating to the responsible area with accurate information, and providing technical guidance and oversight.
* Responds to service requests regarding the installation of hardware and software for end user computing devices.
* Carries out the hardware procurement process.
* Delivers, relocates, and disposes of hardware.
* Provides basic user training on equipment.
* Maintains documentation of physical assets in configuration and asset management records.
Performs preventative maintenance on all electronic devices and peripheral equipment.
* Performs 2nd level support; troubleshooting and resolving hardware and software issues for desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile phones, and peripheral devices.
* Performs research and develops solutions for hardware and software issues.
* Updates incident records and knowledge base with appropriate and timely information.
* Recommends solutions, resolve problems associated with incidents, and update problem records.
* Conducts root cause analysis.
* Submits requests for change records to remove errors.
* Updates customer with progress.
* Provides services per SLAs.
* High school diploma
* 4 - 6 years of working experience
* Strong customer service skills including written, email, and telephone etiquette
* Working experience imaging and supporting end-user computing devices
* Working experience troubleshooting Windows and Mac operating systems
* Working experience troubleshooting mobile operating systems (iOS and Android)
* Experience working with a ticket management/service desk system (ex. ServiceNow)
* Working experience in an SLA-based environment
* Working experience as a participant in a change management process
* Working experience of Microsoft Office products
* Working experience with audio visual equipment, supporting 50 conference rooms
* Technical certifications such as A , Network , MCP, MCDST
* Tech. certification or Associates Degree
* Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)