* Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
* Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Job Function: Technology
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Employee Status: Regular
* Travel Time: No
* Job ID: 19002506
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Global Spread Products Front-Office Technology team is building the next generation Data & Analytics platform to solve for Business and Analytics demands of an Industry leading franchise. Vast amounts of data assets have been accumulated through the years, and continue to be accumulated, as the business is transforming itself into a Data Centric organization - leveraging Data, Machine Learning, and other advanced technologies to derive competitive advantage. A new data platform built on latest streaming and cloud technologies will facilitate the development of next generation E-trading applications, Machine Learning models, and real time decision support capabilities. The final goal is to leverage the power of Data and Analytics in real-time for the e-trading & pricing applications, and power a growing toolkit of dashboards, reports, and interactive BI tools that support critical real-time decision making for business executives, traders and risk managers. This is a once-in-a lifetime opportunity to be part of a new dynamic team that is leading the Data & Analytics transformation of a very profitable business franchise.
* Design and build scalable, low-latency, fault-tolerant streaming data platform that empowers Data Scientists, Quants, and Traders to extract meaningful and timely insights from our data assets
* Work closely with business and technology stakeholders to build the next generation Distributed Streaming Data Pipelines and Analytics Data Stores using streaming frameworks (e.g. Flink, Spark Streaming, etc.)
* Build a platform that facilitates gathering and collecting data, storing it, performing real-time processing on it, and serve it to end users and decision making systems
* Help drive adoption of the Big Data Analytics platform as part of the larger Global Spread Products data strategy
* Maintain an on-going understanding of emerging data management technologies, industry trends and best practices
* Peer review of other developers' technical work from time to time
* The position requires analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex material, technical or business or otherwise, from multiple sources
* Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
* Hands-on production experience with distributed stream processing frameworks: Kafka / Spark Streaming / Storm
* Experience with deployment platform such as Kubernetes, YARN, Mesos
* Production experience of building a robust, fault-tolerant data pipeline that cleans, transforms, and aggregates unorganized and messy data into databases or data sources
* Solid design/development background
* Experience with micro-services and distributed architecture
* Experience with relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, or Sybase etc.) and non-relational databases (e.g. Cassandra and MongoDb)
* Practical experience in performance tuning and optimization, bottleneck problem analysis
* Excellent communication skills to be able to interface with trading and sales functions
* Working knowledge of Java and/or Python
Nice to have:
* Experience with data warehousing principles, schema design, data governance, database security is a plus
Citigroup is a company providing financial products and services.