Active TS/SCI w/ Poly required
* The Senior Data Storage Engineer is responsible for the technical planning, integration, verification and validation, and effectiveness for total systems.
* Identify incidents, diagnose and resolve problems, and assist with storage usage and features.
* Perform reliable, secure backup and recovery across the enterprise in accordance with all applicable policies and procedures.
* Manage multiple file storage clusters, enforcing quotas on storage limits where required. Create and manage multiple security groups to ensure least-privileged access to program data.
* Create and update documentation for backup procedures, solutions, licensing and applicable project artifacts.
* Perform weekly tape rotations to off-site facilities from multiple locations.
* Identify and manage support issues; coordinate communications between local groups and multiple vendor support staff to resolve complex issues.
* Provide technical expertise to junior personnel. Provide periodic, informal, on-site knowledge transfer, as needed, to other Storage Team members covering the management, normal operation, and maintenance of the backup infrastructure.
* After-Hours or call-in support is a possibility.
* Bachelor's degree and 10 years of experience required. Additional 4 years of experience in lieu of degree or additional 2 years with Associates degree..
* Strong understanding of Symantec NetBackup.
* Ability to develop solutions to complex technical problems.
* Ability to communicate effectively and clearly present technical details, approaches and findings.
* Working knowledge of all NAS/SAN protocols and how to implement.
* Experience working in a backup environment using NetBackup software supporting multiple operating systems.
* Experience performing data restores and troubleshooting failed backups.
* Experience with backup hardware including tape libraries, tape drives, and media management.
* Experience configuring and managing a fiber channel environment.
* Experience with disaster recovery planning and implementation strategies to best mitigate the impact on business operations.3
* Experience administering Windows 7, 10 and RHEL.
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced, often high-stress, environment.
* Must able to lift / carry 40+ pounds
* Experience with multiple storage devices including NetApp, Isilon, and Dell / Compellent.
* Experience with Quantum and Dell backup hardware.
* Experience with Cisco MDS fiber-channel switches.
* Experience with VMware and configuring backend storage for virtual machines.
* Experience with Cisco UCS and IBM Blade Chassis systems.
Apply for this job
Bridges is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, marital status, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy