Lookout is a cybersecurity company for the post-perimeter, cloud-first, mobile-first world. Powered by the largest dataset of mobile code in existence, the Lookout Security Cloud provides visibility into the entire spectrum of mobile risk. Lookout is trusted by hundreds of millions of individual users, enterprises and government agencies and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Apple and others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, India, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C. To learn more, visit www.lookout.com and follow Lookout on its blog, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Lookout is a modern startup for the modern world, run by apps! As part of Lookout's engineering team, you will have an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in one or more core areas of intellectual property and fundamental building blocks that form Lookout's category-defining Personal and Enterprise products. In order to tackle these challenging problems, you must be open-minded to explore new areas as well as evolve key existing systems, such as high scale cloud systems, mobile platforms (iOS/Android) development, detection engines, analysis systems cloud backend micro-services, front-end/UI, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Threat research and CI/CD. If you enjoy building cutting edge products leveraging the latest technologies, tools and development methodologies, and want to make an immediate impact through your work, come check us out.
What You'll Do:
* Collaborate and drive Identity standards within Lookout in conjunction with our Architects
* Designing and implementing large scale, low latency microservices, including discovering and solving complex issues at scale.
* We believe in, and practice, end to end service ownership, so you will fully participate in the ownership of your services and components, including on-call duties
* Take an active role in mentoring junior engineers, and the processes that support team growth and efficiency.
* Influencing the features and direction of the product and platform with your own ideas.
Experience We're Looking For:
* Professional experience with Object Oriented or Functional programming languages (Java, Scala, etc).
* Experience implementing SAML2.0, oAuth2.0 or OpenID connect based on standards.
* Experience implementing PKI and basic cryptography.
* Knowledgeable about microservice architectures and messaging patterns.
* Professional experience with implementing services at scale.
* You can articulate complex technical content to peers, Senior Management and cross functional teams.
* BS/MS in Computer Science or related field/degree, and/or equivalent work experience
* A fun and positive attitude!
* Experience with functional programming using Scala.
* Experience with serverless architectures on AWS, like AWS Lambda.
* Experience/expertise with the following stores - DynamoDB, Redis, Aurora.
* Experience with Apache Kafka.
* Experience with container technology (Docker, ECS, EKS).
* Stock options
* Competitive salaries
* Paid time off
* Medical, dental, & vision insurance
* Fitness discounts
* Commuter subsidies
* Volunteer time off
* Catered lunch on Fridays
* Happy hours and much more
Lookout is a provider of cloud-based cybersecurity solutions for mobile security for enterprises, government agencies, and individuals.