Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Test Engineering & Certification group under Global Network Engineering is responsible for performing network lab testing and certification both in a physical and virtual lab environment; and validation of networking technologies prior to implementation into Visa's Global Network Infrastructures.
The Senior Staff Network Engineer candidate will be responsible for working with the following teams: Visa's Global Network Engineering, Global Network Architecture, and Global Network Operations to test and certify network designs, platforms and software releases. This role serves as a technical specialist who works independently and as a member of a team, only requiring guidance in complex situations. The Test Engineering & Certification team is the only team under the Global Network Engineering organization that has the ability to work on all of the Visa network environments (i.e.: Commercial, Data Center, Cloud, Hadoop, Backbone).
Some travel (10%) may be required for training, project related and vendor visits.
Senior Staff Network Engineer, Test & Certification will be responsible for:
* Collaborate with Architecture, Engineering, Operations and System teams through the lifecycle of network and platform evolution.
* Build and maintain relationships with global Network Engineering and Operations teams to support network deployment and address network support issues.
* Develop comprehensive test plans based on network designs and test requirements.
* Conduct integration testing of new network hardware, network design and software to support network infrastructure evolution.
* Support backend systems integration testing for provisioning, alarms and surveillance.
* Collaborate with security team to ensure new software, platform and design meets Visa's security compliance requirements.
* Publish test results and present findings to cross functional teams.
* Leverage the findings from testing to develop methods and procedures to support successful deployment of new technologies in the production network.
* Support the network evolution leveraging Software Defined Network (SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and other industry advancements.
* Install and maintain network hardware and software in the Global Engineering Test and Certification lab and proof-of-concept environments.
* Follow all documented Change Control process requirements to implement changes in the test environment.
* Work independently and support the platforms and network designs through their lifecycle.
The ideal candidate will be a senior technologist with strong cross-functional leadership skills and hands on experience with diverse vendor platforms. Following skills are required for the Senior Staff Engineer position:
* A minimum of 15+ years of industry experience.
* Bachelor's degree required in Computer Sciences or Electrical Engineering.
* Hands on experience with routers, Ethernet switching platforms, loadbalancers
* Hands-on experience in designing and deploying large scale-out network technologies including Cisco and non-Cisco network technologies.
* Routing and switching design concepts for Data Centers.
* Understanding of the routing protocols like TCP/IP, UDP, MPLS, BGP4, OSPF and RIP.
* Hands on experience with EVE-NG, GNS3, Cisco Modeling Tool (CML) and/or Opnet tool.
* Understanding of Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and its application in Data Center and WAN design.
* Excellent communicator and team-builder, capable of establishing trust and securing partnership with all levels of the organization, from engineers to senior executives.
* Excellent analytical skills, with experience rationalizing large, disparate datasets into concrete observations/recommendations, and formalizing into new network solutions.
* Advanced Network Industry certification e.g. CCIE and JNCIE
* Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Telecommunications, or related technical field
* Network programming using Ansible, Python
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.