ABOUT THE ROLE:
Udemy is looking for an experienced Senior Staff Data Infrastructure Engineer to join our team. As Udemy grows, you will play a meaningful role in scaling our data infrastructure as well as make our user experience interacting with data more efficient, pleasant, and productive. You will design, build, and integrate scalable backend systems, platforms, and tools which will help us achieve our mission of improving lives through learning.
If you want to make an impact, now is the best time to do it. This year, we are transforming the current data infrastructure into a self-service data platform. Help us make this next giant leap here at Udemy.
Here's what you'll be doing:
* Building and own a scalable and robust self-service data platform that powers batch and real-time data processing of billions of events daily
* Building and deploy end-to-end data pipelines
* Collaborating with data scientists, engineers and product managers to develop, test and deploy new data driven solutions
* Leading by example and contribute to a team culture that values integrity, excellence and collaboration while fostering initiatives and innovation
* Investigating new technologies that improve our data infrastructure
We're excited about you because you have:
* 5+ years of experience as a data engineer or 7+ years as a software engineer
* Strong CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems
* Deep understanding of data processing frameworks and tools, such as Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, etc
* Collaborative attitude with a willingness to lead when necessary
* Self-starter, highly motivated and able to learn quickly
* Excellent with object-oriented and functional programming languages, such as Python, Scala, Java, etc
Nice to Have:
* Experience in designing and developing data pipelines
* Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, ElasticSearch, and MySQL
* Familiarity with 1 or more cloud services such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
* Experience with machine learning
* Experience with Docker containers and orchestration frameworks such as Mesos/Marathon and Kubernetes
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 30 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We're a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy's culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco's SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News:
The Key To Solving Future Skills Challenges
Algorithms are coming for their jobs, so workers are teaching themselves algorithms
Distractions Are Costing Companies Millions. Here's Why 66 Percent of Workers Won't Talk About It
How Soft Skills Can Help You Get Ahead in a Tech World
Udemy operates as a marketplace for teaching and learning.