With all the investments made in analytics, it's time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It's time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It's the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today's analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
As the recognized leader in data and analytics, Teradata is empowering high-impact business outcomes to unleash the potential of great companies. We focus relentlessly on helping our customers build lasting analytic capabilities and drive differentiated value through our flexible delivery of analytics at scale on an agile data foundation.
The Business Analytics Solutions team's mission is to build out the world-class analytics ecosystem for Teradata. We are looking for engineers with a passion for taming enterprise data at scale with innovative technologies, built on robust application frameworks, to accelerate delivery and simplify operations. Leverage your skills in building analytics applications to drive Teradata's business and provide a reference architecture for our customers.
The Teradata Senior Staff Data Application Engineer will lead the design and delivery of sophisticated analytics applications across the following areas, while designing and directing the delivery of application frameworks that manifest innovation and optimize engineering efficiency:
* Data Integration: Applications for acquiring data from batch and stream sources, interpreting the data in-flight, loading asynchronously into multiple data management platforms, and applying logic to transform operational data into relational analytics objects.
* Data Processing (including Data Science): Applications that consume enterprise data to produce actionable insights to drive business functions. Partner streaming and batch processing mechanisms to provide timely but efficient analysis for critical business functions. Integrate Data Science capabilities to enhance decision-making and enable autonomous learning.
* Data Management: Applications that help manage the content of the analytics ecosystem, including data lineage, metadata management, data quality, data patterns, data curation, and more.
* Data Presentation: Applications for presenting data for human consumption through sophisticated data visualizations that allow drill-through from a highly summarized view to the detailed events necessary to evaluate cause and effect. Includes automated alerting based on statistically significant variation of key business and operational metrics.
* Data Services: Applications for presenting data for programmatic consumption, including complex analytical data services in near real-time with millisecond latency to support in-flight business operations and autonomous decisioning.
* Collaborate with architects and other engineers on data application designs and corresponding framework enhancements.
* Identify and execute on opportunities for innovation in data application design and engineering.
* Interpret requirements, design, develop, test, and release analytics applications leveraging an agile methodology.
* Drive collaboration with product managers, analysts, and customers on application requirements and success criteria.
* Scope application framework design and engineering effort and work with project teams' roadmaps integrating framework enhancements and application delivery in an agile fashion.
* Drive collaboration with operations and on-call teams to provide on-going support and enhancements for deployed applications and application frameworks.
* 8+ years of experience with relational data processing (SQL, RDBMS)
* 10+ years of programming experience (Unix/C/Java/Scala/Python/…)
* 10+ years of experience with data processing at scale (parallel processing technologies)
* Strong communication skills.
* Strong collaboration skills within a project team and across teams.
* Experience with modular design and code re-use.
* Experience with Teradata RDBMS.
* Experience with streaming technologies (Kafka).
* Knowledgeable in Java APIs, REST APIs, and/or services architecture.
* Experience with agile and waterfall project development methodologies.
* Experience with web frameworks like AngularJS, NodeJS and data visualization JS libraries.
* Experience with cloud technologies is a plus.
* Experience with machine learning is a plus.
Teradata is a company that provides analytic data platforms, applications, and services for data warehousing and analytic technologies.