Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa's Distributed Systems Architecture & Engineering (DSAE) team collaborates with product development teams, and other teams within Operations & Infrastructure organization on engineering, building and maintaining the most innovative, reliable, secure and cost-effective distributed solutions to meet VISA customers' growing needs.
If you're passionate about and experienced with cloud and containerization, you can be part of DSAE Cloud Infrastructure Engineering Team, which is responsible for the private cloud environment and associated infrastructure management solutions at Visa, specifically in designing and deploying multi-hypervisor based cloud and Kubernetes based container platforms. In this role you will be accountable for designing and building innovative cloud infrastructure solutions to support a Software Defined Data Center (SDDC). Solid platform & virtualization know-how is a must along with experience with open source solutions to encapsulate the infrastructure, making it available as code to customers. Knowledge and experience with infrastructure management tools is also a key requirement. Prior experience with virtualization, containerization and deployment and management of distributed infrastructure at large enterprises is required.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
* Design and implement agile innovative infrastructure solutions/infrastructure management solutions that take advantage of technology advances that allow cost reduction, standardization and commoditization
* Design, implement and integrate management solutions to effective manage private cloud implementation(Openstack, Docker, Kubernetes) at Visa's data centers across the globe, ensure reliability, elasticity and security
* Identify, evaluate, select and engineer highly reliable container scheduling and orchestration solutions that are extremely secure enabling Operations to manage environments simply and effectively, ensure on time, on budget, and quality delivery of shared container platform
* Collaborate with the team to evolve the containerization ecosystem, establish and mature standards and integration for infrastructure management domains - logging, monitoring, configuration management and orchestration. Identify and implement standard toolsets to reduce complexity and support operational goals for increasing automation across the enterprise
* Champion the adoption of open infrastructure management solutions that are fit for purpose yet forward the Visa goals to keep technology relevant
* Work closely with geographically distributed teams on technical challenges and process improvements
* Evangelize the cloud and container management platform standards and capabilities, gain insights of the workflows of Product Development, Engineering and Operations teams, ensure platform relevance and drive adoption, enable the application transformation from monolithic to microservices
* Bachelor's degree or higher
* 8+ years of engineering experience of enterprise infrastructure management solution - architecture design, development, integration, customization & implementation. Specifically in containerization, building scalable, reliable and secure container platform and management ecosystems, enabling application transformation microservices
* Solid knowledge on managing the life-cycle of containers, with an in-depth understanding of scheduling, security and compliance challenges and operational considerations
* Proficiency in one or more scripting/programming languages, such as PowerShell, bash, Python, Perl or Go, and Docker Compose, Kubernetes deployment yaml construct and/or Helm charts
* Clear understanding of network OSI model and protocols, good concepts of network name spaces, network overlay and BGP, ready to troubleshoot and diagnose network/load balancer/firewall related issues
* Experienced in building automated solutions through tools and orchestration engine that enable infrastructure to be provisioned, configured, changed and decommissioned through infrastructure life cycle in automated fashion
* Working knowledge of databases, middleware components and web applications, good understanding of the principles of microservices architecture
* Strong analytical skills, able to work independently to solve complex engineering problems. Make independent judgments/decisions within established guidelines
* Communicate well with others both verbally and in writing and be able to effectively interact with peers, management and other outside contacts
* The ability to gather and understand business requirements, translate them into technical/operational requirements
* High degree of initiative and sense of urgency, comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis
* Self-confident, commands technical authority and respect at all levels
* Demonstrable teamwork attitude, ready to initiate collaboration and resolve conflicts
Key skills required (in the order of priority)
* Docker Compose/Swarm/UCP, Kubernetes
* RHEL Linux & Windows, container OS
* Good Understanding of network concepts, management protocols
* Scripting - bash, Perl, Python or Go (must have)
* API and RESTful principles, able to utilize REST APIs for integration and testing
* XML, JSON, yaml and their transformation (must have)
* Bladelogic, SCCM, Ansible, Chef or Puppet for managing medium & large environments
* Patrol, SCOM, Zabbix, Prometheus/Graphana, SysDig for monitoring VMs/containers nd applications
* Code repository & version control - Git or Subversion
* Splunk/ELK, RabbitMQ, Fluentd
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This position can sit in Ashburn, VA, Austin, TX or Highlands Ranch, CO.