What you'll be doing...
We are looking for a Senior SSIS Developer to join the Verizon Sales and Service IT Team. The myInfo application is Verizon's enterprise performance and employee management system. While myInfo supports the enterprise performance and talent processes, the foundational role of the myInfo application is as a cross channel operations system with over 20 modules of rich functionality supporting front-line employees and management for employee coaching, performance management, development, communications and schedule management.
* Perform in-depth analysis, design and advanced programming towards our most complex application deliverables.
* Support the team in mentorship and technical coaching through code reviews, and roadblock assistance.
* Works with business stakeholders and cross IT partners to assist in identifying how the existing application functionality can be leveraged or enhanced to meet business needs.
* Lead sprint team technical execution of medium to highly complex deliverables including story point estimations, assignment, developer testing, code reviews, the process of merging code branches with the trunk prior and final release readiness and planning.
* Provides production support.
* Proactively communicates status reports and issues to management.
* Document ETL process thoroughly to allow peers to assist with support as needed.
* Develop new ETL packages and provide production support of existing ETL processes.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Adegree in Computer Science/Information Systems.
* Experience in ETL/Backend/Database development.
* Knowledge of open source technologies including Cassandra, Hadoop is plus
* Knowledge of agile/Kanban development delivery.
* Strong knowledge of AWS services, implementation and integration.
* Aptitude towards learning new technologies and solving complex problem.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.