Arthur J Gallagher
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
The Sr. SQL Server DBA/Technical Lead will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications.
This role will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Server environments (security, health and performance). Individual will need to be familiar with architectural design and data flows to Data Warehouse/ODS environments, ensuring operational readiness and executing data loads.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Manage SQL Server databases in real time through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
* Configure and maintain database servers and processes to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
* Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations.
* Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution.
* Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
* Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
* Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after-hours.
* Bachelor's degree
* 5 years of SQL Server database administration experience
Skills and Qualifications
* Knowledge of Windows Server OS, SQL Server and security protocols for hardening the server and SQL environments.
* Experience in auditing of corporate and functional systems
* Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
* Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
* Experience building and utilizing various High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
* Experience in Installation, configuration and upgrades of SQL Servers.
* Experience with Failover clustering and SAN replication.
* Experience with SQL Server merge, peer to peer, or transactional replication.
* Experience with LINQ, Entity Framework, NHibernate, or other ORMs.
* Experience with Service Broker.
* Experience with Analysis Services, Integration Services, or Reporting Services. Experience with code migration of all objects following established change control procedures.
* Troubleshoot, investigate, offer and execute resolution to database issue
* Experience with data warehousing, data access accountability. Experience in Performance Tuning and Index Design/Maintenance. Expert level understanding design and writing of PowerShell scripts within SQL Server and WMI. Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
* Apply online to be considered
* 18 years of age or older
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
* Unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States is required. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
* Willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified persons with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
About Arthur J Gallagher
Arthur J. Gallagher helps clients address risk, protect their assets and recover from losses.