Partners Data Systems
Established in 1997, L.A. Care Health Plan is an independent public agency created by the state of California to provide health coverage to low-income Los Angeles County residents. We are the nation's largest publicly operated health plan. Serving more than 2 million members in five health plans, we make sure our members get the right care at the right place at the right time.
Mission: L.A. Care's mission is to provide access to quality health care for Los Angeles County's vulnerable and low-income communities and residents and to support the safety net required to achieve that purpose.
This position is responsible for providing oversight in all aspects of SQL Server database system design, implementation, troubleshooting, and administration.
* Oversee all aspects of SQL Server database system design, implementation, troubleshooting, and administration. Develop, install, maintain and monitor company databases in a high performance/high availability environment while supporting enterprise projects. Provide general database design, implementation and administration to assure highest reliability and availability of I.T. services. Manage the Data Synchronization of multiple databases between data centers using transaction replication. Maintain database backup/recovery procedures and disaster recovery database environment. Implement and support database software upgrade and patch management procedures.
* Identify performance issues, deadlocks/contentions and resolve them. Generate traces, execution plans and SQL Profiling. Create and manage database constraints and indexes. Support Development Team and Business users with database operations including the development of complex SQL, tuning of DML and the creation of stored procedures. Proactive housekeeping/archiving and shrinking of databases and logs. Develop and support procedures for database security.
* Develop processes, procedures and guidelines for troubleshooting database events and performing tasks. Provide tier 2 and 3 support for all corporate SQL Server database systems and services to meet or exceed service level agreements.
* Evaluate and seek solutions to production issues as wells as new projects. Work closely with application developers and project managers in solving production issues.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related Information Technology majors.
Equivalent: In lieu of degree, equivalent education and/or experience may be considered.
Required: At least 5-7 years of extensive and broad based experience in the design, administration and support of SQL Server databases with in depth experience in SQL Server 2008 R2/2012.
* Extensive experience writing T-SQL and stored procedures and query tuning on high transaction databases
* Experienced in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
* Experience in SQL Server clustering and HA technologies including Always On, mirroring, log shipping and transactional replication
* Sound knowledge of RDBMS concepts, database architecture and SQL/T-SQL
* Ability to maintain detailed database related documentation
* Experience in administering SharePoint and IIS Platforms is preferred.
L.A. Care offers a wide range of benefits including
* Medical, Dental and Vision
* Wellness Program
* Paid Sick Leave
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: HR, Housekeeping, Medical, Compensation, Human Resources, Healthcare
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.