Redapt is driven by the desire to guide organizations through a digital transformation journey. We partner with clients both in project based professional services and on-going managed services to develop technical road maps that drive business results while ensuring the best ROI possible.
Our engineers work on implementing cloud solutions that solve real-world problems and deliver value to our long-term clients. We do much more than provide hardware and software. As engineers we leverage some of the coolest cloud platforms and automation tools available to design, develop and deploy best of breed solutions for our clients.
We are currently looking for a SQL DBA to join our Modern Data Center team. You will provide thought leadership to clients; helping design, scope and deliver the vision you've shaped. This is a technical, customer-facing role that will be accountable for the end-to-end database migration strategies.
* Lead requirements gathering, analysis and solution development for Database Administration and migration projects
* Lead projects, remotely, in a hands-on role driving database, cloud migration/adoption from inception to production
* Partner with project teams, functional architects, systems specialists and other technical resources and customers
* Design and implement relational database models
* Apply expertise in Microsoft SQL Server internals, optimizer, and tools
* Administer large, high-volume production database environments
* Optimize performance
* Ensure cross platform schema synchronization
* Perform regular log reviews and health checks
* Diagnose and correct errors
* BS in CS or equivalent work experience.
* 5+ years' experience in SQL Server architecture and Production Support DBA.
* Current knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 - 2019 Suite including (SSMS, SSIS, Query Profiler)
* Expert knowledge of Relational Database Modeling and SQL Server Internals
* Extensive understanding of relational database design, common table expressions (CTEs), and Test Driven Development (TDD)
* Expert knowledge of DMVs, System Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, and Custom Types
* Advanced knowledge of SQL Server's "AlwaysOn" Availability Group feature
* Expert knowledge in OLTP and Linked Servers including how to secure them
* Expert understanding of SQL Server security at both server and database levels
* Advanced knowledge and demonstrated ability in Query / Index tuning using Performance monitor statistics
* Sound knowledge of database migration best practices for low risk and minimum downtime
* Excellent communication and organizational skills
* In depth knowledge of backing up, restoring, and moving SQL databases along with the ability to plan and implement sophisticated Disaster Recovery strategies.
* Experience leading cloud migration projects from MS SQL Server to Azure SQL.
* Database Design, Maintenance, Security, Management and Analysis.
* Experience using SQL Sentry to monitor, troubleshoot and resolve performance issues.
* High level knowledge of Windows and Windows security and how they affect SQL Server.
* Possess a strong understanding of database theories, principles, and best practices.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Be self-motivated, able to work independently as well as in a collaborative
* PowerShell scripting.
* Experience and knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services and T-SQL development.
This person can work out of our offices in Woodinville, WA or work Remotely from anywhere in the USA (work from home).
About Redapt Inc
We just really love IT! Data Center Infrastructure & Cloud Engineering Services.