The role of Security Specialist-Cybersecurity will work within the Security Operation and Analysis Center (SOAC) operates 24x7. This is a Tier 1 position and provides 24x7 coverage, continuous monitoring, and initial analysis of alarms based on a thorough set of case best practices. The Tier 1 role is responsible for engaging the customer and supporting the Tier 2 and senior level managers as needed.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Responsible for monitoring multiple platforms and processing alarms based on standard methods and procedures while upholding the time-sensitive service level agreements of the projects.
* Manage the initial phase of customer escalations and investigations. Responsible for communication between tiers and with the customers during these scenarios.
* Conduct log queries to assist customer requests and tiered support.
* Monitor current SIEM rules. Should possess the knowledge to identify and communicate opportunities to enhance rules, reduce false positives, and escalate to support tiers if tuning is needed.
* Ability to communicate and think effectively under pressure.
* Preferred experience with the following technologies: ArcSight, USM, elastic search, and SNORT.
* Familiarity with one or more programming languages to include: Python, PowerShell, and BASH.
* Responsible for maintaining and continuing education that is relevant to the industry and grow capabilities to support the ever-changing threat landscape.
Qualifications & Requirement:
* US Citizen * HSPD-12 Suitability Screening * 1-3 years of experience in a related field. * Bachelor of science degree in the field of Computer science, Computer engineering, information technology, or Cybersecurity. * CompTIA Security+ * AVSE Certification * Ability to acquire a TS Clearance
AT&T Extraordinary Leader Model represents the leadership characteristics we all need to demonstrate to drive business performance and make AT&T a great place to work! Click here to view the Leadership Competencies associated with this Job.
Job ID 1933210 Date posted 07/01/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.